Bonded pair adopted by my niece

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Bonded pair adopted by my niece

Post by MarkB »

Bonded pair adopted by my niece, Amy, from Poorly Paws rescue in Southend - Angel and Twinkle, now called Pixie & Poilo https://www.facebook.com/Poorlypaws/

Click on photos after they open to enlarge

They seem to be settling in OK :) - Some may remember Amy lost her last cat to an RTA last year :(

https://goo.gl/photos/7rsWzUjjKL3yNKnHA

https://goo.gl/photos/zqkTRwn3oetn8j5B9

https://goo.gl/photos/nWv5YL3pWot9V5uN6

https://goo.gl/photos/9z4W3UCeCu5WUVJSA

The grey is only 3 weeks younger than the tortie, but tiny.
Last edited by MarkB on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Bonded pair adopted by my niece

Post by bobbys girl »

Soo sweet, Mark, and lovely that they are so close, as you say 'bonded'.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

I like it when rescues insist on bonded cats, related or otherwise, going together. I hate it when people want to take just one. I know that lots of people would have asked for the grey (not sure which is which yet).

I remember about 6 years ago. It was just coming up to xmas and Sharon at CP had an enquiry about a kitten. The woman said her and her partner were teachers and would be home for 2 weeks over the break and their house would be very quiet. Sharon told her the only kittens were a pair and they were bonded. The woman said OK and the homecheck was arranged. I wasn't feeling great that day, but made the effort to do the homecheck. We went through everything and it was going fine, until the very end, when the woman said "One thing though, I've changed my mind about two, I'm only having one of them" I said it wasn't going ot happen and Sharon had made it clear to her. She said we should be grateful for any offer of a home. I said I'm sure the right home would come along soon. She literally ushered me out of the front door!
Last edited by MarkB on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

Aww aren’t they lovely.

And I agree about not separating bonded cats Mark. We did some fostering a few years back and a couple of times they split the cats up to rehome, that and a few other reasons forced me to stop.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I love to see cats that are that close and agree that they shouldn't be separated. If someone really wanted a cat then they should be concerned about the cats wellbeing enough to leave a bonded pair together, if they could only accept one, then either look further afield, or accept a slightly older cat.

The closest I have ever had to a bonded pair was Patch and Blue and they bonded here. Patch came as the younger of a mother and daughter pair and had never been alone. She was a bit neurotic and seemed to have problems when her mother was pts. Blue was a Ragdoll who had been rehomed due to his owners having divorced and the one that kept him having a long commute and leaving him alone in the flat a lot of the time. He was desperate for company. They hit it off almost immediately, and often we would get in from work to find them curled up together like one big furry full stop.

I always hope that I'll have another pair that do bond like that, but I'm happy to accept the current non aggression treaty that my seem to have settled on.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Wow, it looks like she's got herself a real couple of stunners there = lovely pics! :)

I agree about not splitting bonded cats too. There are plenty of cats out there that need a home on their own.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Mark they're gorgeous & congrts to your niece for taking these bonded two. TC & Snow came from the one home but it's Harper who's bonded with him. Deb from "Little Paws" had two boys who had to go together "her boys" & when a couple took them Deb sat over a tissue box. They went to a good home like these two. Vivian
Last edited by Mayday21 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Aaaaahhh! :D

Bonded they certainly are. Until I saw that last pic I was beginning to wonder if they weren't so much bonded as cojoined! :lol:

A lovely thing to see - people who say that cats are always 'aloof' and 'solitary' ought to read this. Hope Pixie and Pollo and Amy have many happy years together ahead of them :)
Abbeydale
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Abbeydale »

These two look gorgeous, together and individually. How nice that your niece gets a sleek elegant shorthair tort and a cute fluffy blue kitten in one package. My two favourite colours I think.

I sometimes wish Abby had a cat friend, but judging by her total disdain for every other cat in the shelter she was in, it was never on the cards. On the upside I only have one set of food/vet bills.