Big tins of Supermeat getting harder to find?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Big tins of Supermeat getting harder to find?

Post by Janey »

MarkB wrote:It is just a supermeat really. It is quite dry as Ria says. It reminds me of the cat food my mum used to buy when I was small. They cut it off a big slab. It looked like supermeat but had the odd bristle andvein in it :mrgreen: - our cat loved it though :) (I can remember the smell nearly 50 years on! :lol: )
I know what you mean Mark lol! We didn’t have cats when I was a kid but my friend did. I can still remember the smell of cat food at her house, and on the cat! :lol:
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

I remember the smell of tinned food in the 60s as well. I think it was Kit-e-Kat and it didn't come in a particular flavour, it was a kind of slop, but cats lapped it up
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

MarkB wrote:I remember the smell of tinned food in the 60s as well. I think it was Kit-e-Kat and it didn’t come in a particular flavour, it was a kind of slop, but cats lapped it up
Yes it was Kit-e-Kat that I remember!! Not sure there were many more cat foods around then! We had a dog and it was Pal, Chum and Bonios (they still sell those too :) )
Oddcat
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Oddcat »

I popped into Morrisons on my way home tonight and picked up a pack of the supermeat/pate cans for Cupcake to try ... she scoffed a whole plate down and asked for more.

Result!! Cheaper than Whiskas, Cupcake loves it, no cereals and I can stock up on my way home from work ... everyone's a winner!

Thanks Mark :D
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

That's great :)

For the record - I had assumed Morrisons and Sainsbury's got theirs from the same supplier. I have been feeding the birds Sainsbury's for the last couple of weeks as it is easier to get to for me - but I found a tin of the Morrisons one in the cupboard and it is definitely more moist
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

MarkB wrote:That's great :)

For the record - I had assumed Morrisons and Sainsbury's got theirs from the same supplier. I have been feeding the birds Sainsbury's for the last couple of weeks as it is easier to get to for me - but I found a tin of the Morrisons one in the cupboard and it is definitely more moist
that's good to know Mark - will definitely make an efford to get past Morrisons then. Only problem is they're digging up half the roads in Woking and changing the road layouts; so getting to Morrison will be a bit more awkward for a few months. But I'll do my best :D
Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Alice »

I'd never thought of buying the cans of Morrisons pate until I read some of the posts on here, but I got a pack today as my two like the pate type of food. I've only opened one can so far and it's been well received - hope it's not just novelty value. At least it stops them licking the jelly and leaving all the chunks!