I won a prize draw with Petplan - but Sureflap sent the wrong prize

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

I won a prize draw with Petplan - but Sureflap sent the wrong prize

Post by MarkB »

A while back, I entered a prize draw for Petplan customers on their website fora Surefeed microchip pet feeder. I got a phone call on Tuesday to say I had won. It was sent direct from Sureflap, but they sent me the wrong one. They sent the basic enclosed feeder that opens for any cat that goes near it (The RRP for the one I was supposed to get is £99 RRP and the one they sent is £49 RRP)

I phoned Petplan yesterday morning and they said they would speak to their marketing department and either phone or email me to let me know what was happening. I haven't heard back yet.

I know it was free, but only fair they sent the correct item?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: I won a prize draw with Petplan - but Sureflap sent the wrong prize

Post by Lilith »

Definitely - you tell them!

The same thing happened to me when I was in my teens. I won one of 10 Beatles' new 'White' albums. To be signed by the Beatles. A parcel arrived weeks later, no signatures, and as I was too dozy I never complained. THAT would have been worth a bob or two nowadays :o

Oh and congrats, well done :D
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

That probably would have been worth thousands now! :o
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

http://www.paulfrasercollectibles.com/n ... 15860.page

Probably around that much Lilith. My parents have a white album also but it's only signed by Paul. They also have a small faces album that's signed :lol: If you heard the rest of their tracks! Damn they were mental.

Sorry (takes on music fanatic hat and puts on elementary cat hat)
I would complain. If you don't get a response then sell the damn thing. Unless you feel you could use it in which case install the damn thing.

PS I have a Cliff Richard Album that's signed. Met him at the Millenium dome. (Now the O2 whatsit) He's cool. Cool for an 11 year old anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V57eqtN2K7E
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

They sent me a reply today

"I am writing in regards to our call on the 11th of January. I have had a response from our marketing department. They have advised me that the prize was changed in November. When you entered the prize draw it was for the sealed pet bowl it has since been changed to the microchip feeder. However because when you won you were entered in to the previous prize draw."

I'm sure it was a microchip feeder when I entered, but I have no way of checking. If you click on the link now, it just shows the current draw for a microchip feeder.

Oh well :roll:

It isn't a case of fitting it. It is a free-standing feeding dish that opens when a cat (or anything else) approaches. I will keep it to use on the deck in the summer as it should keep the flies off (they even go on dry food when it is hot) no point selling it, as I would be lucky to get £20 - not worth the hassle.

PS - Lil - :roll:

I have a personalised signed photo of Donna Summer. I wonder if that is worth anything? :lol: - One of my friends knew her from being a fan and ended up becoming friends with her. He did an interview for Record Mirror once. She invited him to America when he was about 17. He saved every penny for a year for the trip and she reserved a room for him near Radio City music hall. He was telling her how he saved every spare penny for the trip. At the end, she gave him the money back as she said she was really touched and the money wasn't a problem for her :) - larer she asked if his family would look after her younger sister, as she wanted to visit England. Donna's little sister ended up staying in my friend's family's council house in Rainham for a week :lol:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hi Mark and Mrs Kane and all the rest of you guys - sorry I've not been around lately but like about a zillion other people I've got The Bug, or rather it's got me.

Ha - crafty devils, Mark, ripping you off :(

Whew, wish I'd complained about that album - if I'd got it autographed and hung on to it till now ... :o :shock:

It was a national daily paper too, I'm sure I could have got some redress, but I was 16 and not the sharpest nail in the box. Silly me.

I remember Donna Summer - she was gorgeous. Don't know what memorabilia of hers might bring in but I believe she's something of a cult figure, might be worth enquiring.

Don't know what it was with the Beatles though - remember them first in 62/63, causing outrage among teachers and parents and delight among us kids. I remember going to the village chemist who had a card of tacky little plastic brooches in the shape of guitars, with a tiny fuzzy photo of a Beatle in the centre. Mine was John Lennon; I wanted Ringo but he was sold out. It would have got lost, broken, thrown away I expect. A good while back I read somewhere that even these kitschy objects were fetching silly prices at auction.

Moral of the story - don't ever throw anything out! :)
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Live and learn :roll:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Yup. Ain't that the truth :)
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Not cat related at all, but I saw an advertisement for this https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/you-s ... ls-1966-70 on the train last night on the way home and it made me think of this thread

So figured I'd post a link in case anyone was interested :D