Strange likes

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Strange likes

Post by Judy Barnett »

I would like to know if any of you have noticed, I was going to say 'strange' behaviour from your cats. They're all strange aren't they. But do many of them like the smell of bleach!!
I don't encourage them on to the worktops in the kitchen but they invariably jump up from time to time so I have to put a drop on bleach on a J Cloth and wipe down. As soon as I do this and if I can't stop her in time Georgia will leap up and not just sniff at it but lie down and rub her entire body length across the work top where she will squiggle and purr as if its cat nip. Do any of yours have funny like and dislikes? :o
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Strange likes

Post by Lilith »

Ha! :D

This is going to be one of those good threads that run forever! :D

Where do I begin?

I've heard that the smell of bleach can be very attractive to cats and 30 years ago I had a young cat who, if he got the faintest whiff of it on my hands, used to nuzzle and slobber all over them. I'm a bit careful of bleach nowadays for this reason; prefer to use F10 vet disinfectant around cat areas.

And I once had a Siamese who ate ANYTHING. Her 'proper' name was Majdhar (aka the thieving Majdhar) but her nickname was the Gibbon as every mealtime was a case of a little Gibbon take.

I've told this story before but I'll never forget the plate of Sunday lunch the Gibbon took.

The roast lamb and gravy? No.

She walked off, growling and spraddle-legged, with a whopping chunk of cauliflower dripping with mint sauce :o

Cats will never cease to amaze me ... :shock: :? :roll: