hair ball

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
catslave16
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

hair ball

Post by catslave16 »

My long-haired Rufus sicked up a hairball this morning - well, more a hair sausage really. I'd never seen anything like it, so I actually measured it and it was 15 cm long (six inches), about an inch across. Is this a record?
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: hair ball

Post by bobbys girl »

No, records are round and made out of vinyl - sorry :roll: :lol: Not something you want to discover with bare feet! :shock:

Willow up-chucked a beauty last week, but it was only about three inches. As far as I can tell she is the only one that does suffer from hair-balls. I wonder if it is something to do with the fact that she has an incredibly thick coat of very fine hair? She looks like Pig pen (from the Peanuts cartoon) when the sun catches her.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Apparently they can be large. My neighbour told me once about one of her cats being sick a lot and she kept taking him to the vets for all manner of tests etc, it cost a fortune. She was down to feeding him light foods like chicken and fish and she gave him some coley and afterwards he sicked up a huge furball, so big she took it to the vets to show them! He was fine afterwards but she was a bit annoyed at what it had cost and it turned out to be this furball and she thinks it stuck to the fish and came up. Regular brushing may be helpful, it certainly helps the hairy furniture lol fusses to Rufus xx
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

You are welcome to the record for fur sausages! Bigger than anything I've seen Tilly bring up, and she has brought up a few, although they are kept under control these days by regular brushing and plenty of anti-hairball treats.