Looking for a similar food to Zooplus Purizon

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Looking for a similar food to Zooplus Purizon

Post by MarkB »

It is grain free and 70% meat and/or fish.

Partly because I rarely need to order litter now, as the cats all go outside (despite having trays indoors) and I still have lots of Purina One sensitive left. Kasper really has a thing for Purizon and we are almost out. I would rather not have to make up a minimum £39 order. I tried JWB fish, but he isn't impressed with it. As much as I hate paying £18 for 2.5kg, if he loves it and it is good for him, I will get it - A bag lasts him ages, as the others don't eat it (Dom's favourite dry food is Aldi Premium - he is cheap to please :lol: )
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Looking for a similar food to Zooplus Purizon

Post by booktigger »

What about Applaws Mark? You can get a small bag from Pets at Home
vanilla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by vanilla »

MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Thanks. I bought some Applaws last year and none of them would touch it. Our local garden centre sells Meowing heads, so will try a small bag from there.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

MarkB wrote:Our local garden centre sells Meowing heads, so will try a small bag from there.
Beware "small bag syndrome." You buy a small bag of something and it's new, so they scoff it. So you go back and buy a big bag, and by then they've decided that they don't like it. :roll:
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

Even worse if they scoff a sample, Mary - I'm convinced the manufacturers put some magic potion in them

Lily's KItchen and James Wellbeloved Grain-Free Turkey might be available in local pet shops, Mark
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Mark, what about the Arden Grange I feed my lot - you can get it from Waitrose?

But if Kasper really does like the Purizon, why not order 2 bags of the food plus maybe a treat or some wet food added to bring it to the £39.00 you need. It does keep so you could store the bag somewhere?
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I will see if I can buy a small bag o fArden Grange. Just looking for something thatI can pick upeasily, rather than having to rely on online ordering really
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I remember this morning that when we first took Kasper in, there was a bag of PAH 'Seriously Good' ocean fish and he loved it. I also like that it isn't really high in fish - 33% chicken meat meal, 10% white fish + some salmon meals and other poultry - only £6.99 for 3.2kg :D - anyway, his head was straight in the bowl tonight :D

I went to Sainsbury's afterwards and another food that I had forgotten all about is their own 60% Salmon food - £2.50 for 500g.

I nearly bought some Lily's Kitchen, but I really think it is a rip-off. £9.99 for 800g. I wouldn't begrudge the cats, but think you are paying for the pretty bag.

He has had a bowl of Aldi premium salmon food in the kitchen for days and it has gone untouched (maybe as it was next to a bowl of Purizon) but I moved it downstairs tonight for Dom, as he loves it. I just caught Kasper having a really good go at it - I will never figure them out :lol: