Head and shoulders

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Head and shoulders

Post by Judy Barnett »

Georgia has been a little scurfy just lately. I've had a good look at her skin and there's no sore patches anywhere. The flakes aren't very big and are mainly across her back. She isn't scratching and it doesn't seem to be bothering her but it does look unsightly as she's black. Any suggestions? A supplement or something to rub into her coat? :(
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Head and shoulders

Post by bobbys girl »

Purdy LOVES coconut oil and will lick it off a spoon. She does have a very glossy coat, and I know it works wonders for my dry skin!

If you were going to apply it topically you'd have to warm it and only rub in a little at a time or you'd have a repeat performance of the time she fell in the bath - a spiky cat! :lol:
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Judy Barnett »

Thanks Sue I'll try that :D
vanilla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by vanilla »

Cod liver oil capsules makes the coat and skin lovely! Buy the pet one though as I think human ones are too strong.
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Judy Barnett »

Tried rubbing in the coconut oil Sue, the dog loves it!! Georgia isn't too impressed with being licked though :roll: might try the olive oil next :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's just the tonic I needed this morning!

Last week we doused Bob with coconut oil mixed with a few drops of lavender oil - all around his neck. He looked like a one of those dogs with spiked collars. Crossed fingers, it seems to be working, no more fresh ticks.

I am not the only one struggling with these beggars this year. Joanne (the fire(wo)man :? ) who came to Dave's rescue said none of the drops were working this year on her cats OR dog.

I wonder if other people have found this - or is it just NI that has 'super' ticks? :shock:

If you remember, Bonnie had cod liver oil for her dry skin and it worked a treat.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

:lol:

This reminds me of breeding with my first Siamese. In the last week of pregnancy, the book and her breeder said, gently rub olive oil on her nipples to moisturise them and make them more flexible. So I did. My then husband looked amazed.

'What on earth are you doing?'
'Stretchmarks,' I said. And he believed me :lol: He rolled his eyes.
'I've heard everything now!'

Second time round, Jacinth had two large children. I put the little bowl of oil ready, got her settled in convenient nipple-anointing position, turned round for the oil and ...

Joey and Majdhar were licking the bowl clean, the little pigs :o :lol:

Good luck with Georgia's dandruff, Judy :)
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Judy Barnett »

It's a little less noticeable today, although she gone from that lovely, clean fur coat and my perfume smell, to well, more of a Greek salad really :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Good enough to eat then! :lol: