Christmas Gifts for Cat Lovers?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Aruna
Frequent Cat Chatter

Christmas Gifts for Cat Lovers?

Post by Aruna »

Hi there! Since christmas is around the corner I wanted to ask and chat with you: What are you gifting your close friends or family members who are also super in love with cats?
Personally, I think Etsy is a really nice place for original, catrelated stuff. I am not a big fan of amazon, but I know they have some really nice things too. Do you have any secret go-to place for shopping cat themed gifts??

Looking forward to your replies :)

Best regards,
Aruna

PS: This is my first topic! I hope I am doing everything alright :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Christmas Gifts for Cat Lovers?

Post by Lilith »

Hi, Aruna, I'm a virtual recluse (I'm the local Boo Radley) and I don't do Christmas - bah humbug! :twisted: :lol:

I know - I'm an awkward git! :D

I'm sure it's great if you like that sort of thing though and it's a brilliant topic.

What I WOULD like to suggest is - don't forget your local cat rescues, and donate food, litter etc with good long sell-by dates to help stock up for the year ahead, especially the dreaded kitten season :)
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I will suggest that instead of Etsy try Folksy, a UK based site with a lot of handmade items on it of all descriptions, perfect for helping support small UK businesses.

I will admit to an ulterior motive for the recommendation, I sell on Folksy (as the FTC Leather Goods shop), I tried getting on to Etsy but they insisted that I had to have photo identification, which, as I can't see well enough to drive and haven't renewed my passport in over a decade, was rather problematic, the fact that I had all the HMRC paperwork in place as self employed didn't matter, rules was rules.

Normally for friends and family we tend to try and buy something we have heard they want, cat decoration is often just a bonus.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

Most of my cat themed presents come from The Cat Gallery, I want to buy half the catalogue! This year the charity I volunteer for are promoting our Buy a Brick scheme for gifts
Rosella
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Rosella »

Fabulous Christmas gifts at KNOCKDOWN PRICES & helping needy cats can be found here :D

https://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/inde ... oard=158.0
YogiBoy
Site Admin
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by YogiBoy »

Hi Aruna,

I just had to put a mention in here for some of Cat Chat's feline friendly page sponsors, who have gift ideas for cat lovers - and cats!
Supporting our supporters helps us too, so you might want to check them out here: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/shopp ... t-sponsors

Happy shopping, and Happy Christmas tooooo!!!!

Love
Yogi & co.
xxxx
Aruna
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Aruna »

Hi there again!

Thank you all so much for bringing up and sharing ideas :)

Ruth, thank you for your suggestion called Folsky. I actually never heard of it! But to defend myself a little: I wasn't an online shopper until earlier this year. I needed to start doing it though, because I was an "old fashioned mum" haha :lol: . Anyway thank you Ruth and I wish you great success with your store!

Also thank you for the information YogiBoy! I am new to this forum and wasn't aware that there are products that support you! :)

Recently I got a Facebook Ad from a site called kitty sensations and they are claiming to sell handmade cat jewelry. I like their stuff but I asked around in my friends group (I basically only am friends with cat people, haha!) and they say they never heard of them. Did any of you have any experiences with them? I don't feel comfortable buying at some random website.

By the way, I wanted to buy a pair of cat slippers for my daughter. A store nearby has beautiful ones, super cute and soooo fluffy! What do you think of that? Would she enjoy them? She is a huge cat fan and I am thinking "Who doesn't like fluffy stuff and warm feet", right? :D

All the best, Aruna
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to remove direct link
anu89
New Cat Chatter

Post by anu89 »

I would suggest you select gift something unique from a source mycatneedsthis which is completely filled with cat’s toys, tools and other required things.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to remove direct link