My cat proofing is not KITTEN PROOF

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

My cat proofing is not KITTEN PROOF

Post by jan1957 »

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22 ... 5904ec.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New Cat proofing has attracted a friendly who thinks it's a climbing frame.
Meanwhile Georgie is in a state of nerves as the kitten pirouettes on the wire like a dainty ballet dancer!
Think the kittie is going to jump into the garden but problem is, is that he won't be able to get out again. Georgie threw himself against the fence yesterday but the kitten didn't budge.
Am at a loss as to what to do.
I've uploaded a pic of the kitten on the netting .... Seems I've uploaded 2 other pics too.....one of Georgie hiding under his bed after the kitten hissed at him :oops:
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: My cat proofing is not KITTEN PROOF

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh Jan, poor Georgie. Such a scardey boy. Bless him. A squirrel got into ours in the first few days but got in such a panic getting out again, pursued by Edgar on one occasion, that I think they've given up. Xx
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jan1957 »

Oh how funny! Did Pepsi give the squirrel a death scare?!
I love your three, what a wonderful team!
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Jan I can't get the image out of my head of that kitten pirouetting on the wire :lol:

Poor Georgie though. I had a dream last week that Georgie was living with me!!! I wonder if the dream started off with my thinking of Harvey (with him being all black too) but then it definitely turned into a dream about Georgie because I remember I was worried about his poorly bald patches. I was picking him up and cuddling him. What would Eric say!! Just shows how much we think and worry about each others little ones.
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Would it be cruel to squirt it with a water pistol?

Poor Georgie - I guess part of it is the fear of the unknown, a bit like the hatred some dogs have of the postman, who invades their property but always out of reach...
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jan1957 »

Hi Carol
Ah that is so sweet that you dreamt about Georgie .... Poor boy is a nervous wreck. Remember last time you suggested Rescue Remedy for G? What a life saver!
Jackie, a squirt of water is no deterrent to the kitten. Been there, done it, have the t-shirt "kitten not afraid of water or E&G".
I'm worried that if the kitten gets into the garden it cannot get out. All escape routes have been blocked. Who will come off worse?
Oh well. He's a beautiful friendlie called Oscar ..... Just hope my boys see it that way!
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Post by Lyn from Australia »

Pretty pussies :lol:
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

I'm glad that the Rescue Remedy has helped. I really do think it has a calming effect. Poor Georgie. I hope he will cope ok with this little intruder. Maybe increase the dosage quite a bit until he calms down again.
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jan1957 »

Just bought another bottle of Rescue Remedy, anti-histamine and tea-tree paste all for Georgie, all on the advice of the vet and the lovely lady at PAH.
Anti-histamine is because Georgie scratches all the time and keeps cutting around his eye. The vet said he might be allergic to something in the garden. Tea tree paste for the cuts around his eye. But he absolutely hates it! It's amazing that even though I turn my back on him and get the paste out of the tub very quietly, the minute I turn around he's off! The lady at PAH said it shouldn't sting at all but maybe it does. Then the Rescue Remedy is applied in the morning to keep him calm in case the intruder appears on the cat netting.
My heart goes out to Georgie - he's such a sweet little boy - I wish I knew what he was thinking. But he's become so skittish that anything - even his own shadow - makes him jump. The only time he seems to relax is when he's asleep. Even when he's laying on one of his many beds, he is lick-lick-licking his tummy. A nervous habit like a hoomin nail-biter.
Eric is oblivious to everything. He is so so laid back. All Eric ever wants is cuddles from me and the occasional lick from Georgie. He is so big and squashy. When he's in the garden, and the friendly intruder balances on the cat netting, Eric just sits and stares at him. I wonder if they actually communicate to eachother because Eric gets up and waddles off, seemingly 'not bovvered' that another furry is in his vicinity.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Been thinking about Georgie. How's he getting on? Is the little intruder still there?