Walk Tall!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Walk Tall!

Post by Lilith »

You guys may already know this, and yes, though it's only a load of old Billingsgate between two feral toms, and the person filming had the wise idea of breaking up the fight before anyone was hurt, it's a pity those chaps can't be TNR :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2LTd1wmTjo

All the same I love it when one guy stands up for himself :o :o :o :lol:

Good luck to us all in this stormy weather by the way, especially those in t'frozen North; it's sheltered here in Wakefield but allegedly worse on the way - all paws and tails crossed, stay safe!
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Walk Tall!

Post by MarySkater »

Interesting behaviour caught on camera. Thanks for the link.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

His markings make it look as if he's a skinny yobbo with his trousers slipping down and his fists clenched ... 'wanna fight?'

Hope the weather's not too bad up in Dumfries ... we've escaped with rain so far though it's freezing cold ... gales on the way too :shock: Again, good luck to us all! :)
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

I had to stop watching as Tilly was getting too disturbed by the yowling!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

alanc wrote:I had to stop watching as Tilly was getting too disturbed by the yowling!
Yes a lot of heads turned when I played it! I had to turn the sound right down. Even the kittens jumped. Makes you wonder what old snake hips was saying. :lol:

On the weather front, we have rain, rain, gusting wind, rain, hail ... and did I mention the rain? It has been snowing - sideways (horizontal snow :? ) but it's not sticking - so far. But I am on full-time litter tray duty. We are getting through sack loads of it :roll: .
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarySkater »

My cats don't react very much to cat noises on the TV, although Rocky did take a bit of notice of this one.

Dumfries has had snow on the ground for the last two days; not very deep, but you need to watch your footing. An event I had planned for yesterday was cancelled this week because the organiser lives out of town in a hilly area, and she wasn't sure she could get into town safely.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

I think Tilly was wondering how those tom cats got into her house. She was looking to show them both who is the boss around here!
Only a sprinkling of snow, but Tilly does not like the wind.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Mine totally ignored the sound (or at least the three that could get to see what was going on did, the forth is still shut in downstairs).

Its a beautiful example of a cat fight, all noise and postering to start with, but I'm glad it was split up before it got any more serious.

Weather report from Wolverhampton, a light dusting of snow this morning, and a rather lazy wind trying to blow through you rather than around you.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ah sorry Tilly! :)

And everyone else - forgot to mention the verbals. When I played it Mouse was downstairs, Emily took no notice, though she is deaf - but soon pricks up her ears at bird sounds. Molly came galloping to investigate but she reacted in the same way this morning to a ... Chopin prelude??? Mewsical cat?

Still weather warnings about - and due to all the local government cuts side roads don't get cleared - MAIN roads don't get cleared ... do hope this is the last winter frenzy of the year. I have a spade and some heavy duty dishwasher salt to do my pavement if needs be, but hope I don't have to (won't put salt down where paws can reach it unless things get very bad) :)
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarySkater »

Lilith wrote:(won't put salt down where paws can reach it unless things get very bad) :)
I have some rubber "litter mats," supposed to trap litter from cat paws as they step out of the tray. I bought them when I was trying some lightweight organic clumping litter, but I gave up on that because the stuff stuck to Ria's long fur, and got tracked all over the place. But in the cold snap, I've found it useful to put the mats down in my dustbin / log store area, to give me some safe walking.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hey that's a good idea, Mary - I can imagine any sort of rough matting or old carpeting could come in handy, and be re-used after shaking a new fall of snow off.

My front door opens straight on to the pavement and though my cats don't go out there any more, dogs and neighbourhood cats do of course which is why I put off using salt ... mercifully no snow so far here but it looks as if it's going to do it's damnedest, if it can ... not a good prospect for the weekend anywhere but hopefully getting better next week - paws and tails crossed! :)