Another kitty skit ... This plate ain't big enough for the both of us!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Another kitty skit ... This plate ain't big enough for the both of us!

Post by Lilith »

I blame this on you, Bobbys girl, for encouraging me to do a skit on Bohemian Rhapsody ... :D

Teatime ain't you and me time,
This sarnie is my favourite kind
And I want it tonight ...

Heartbeat, increasing heart beat ...

I'm getting tired of the way you're taking
All of my delicious bacon ...

This plate ain't big enough for the both of us!

Here is the original - the Mael brothers, Russell with his perm and silly dancing and the inscrutable Ron on keyboards, rolling his eyes ... a bit of 70s nostalgia ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzESJ62irI

:oops: :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Another kitty skit ... This plate ain't big enough for the both of us!

Post by bobbys girl »

You are very silly, and can't blame that on me! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had to take Bob to the vet today. He was limping quite badly again. Poor old lad was hopping along on just two legs - how he was doing it, I just don't know! :shock: We thought he had just broken a nail but it appears he is missing one completely, his toe is infected and he has a temperature. The vet has given him a two week AB jab and we will see where we go from there.

Any hoo, long story, but we thought we'd get a roast chicken, we could have chicken butties for lunch and the cats, especially Bob, could have the rest.

OH bought the chicken and stopped to chat with me on the way into the house (I was working in the garden) Purdy mugged him! :o . She smelled the chicken and pounced on the bag. He had to fight her off! They were like sharks smelling blood, circling the carrier bag.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

bobbys girl wrote:You are very silly, and can't blame that on me! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And proud of it :D

Oh poor Bob, give him a kiss and cuddle from me! Hope he's better soon!

My George, the one who I described as 'The Beast of Bodmin' was a compulsive claw-chewer as a young cat and chewed one claw down to a stub, which looked very inflamed for a while, luckily it recovered by itself, but he did have four legs.

Yup, they are SHAMELESS when they want something, even if it isn't what they want, if you get my meaning ... Emily will barge in on stuff like celery and beetroot. And I've known cats who begged for and stole chocolate and spring onions ... :o

Emmy doesn't get more than a small taste of bacon, poor lass, would be dangerous with the ckd, but she's eating well and cheerful.

Ah, envy you, gardening, I have some 'Tete-a-Tete' miniature daffodils just coming into flower but only a small yard, and it's been pouring today.

Hope you managed to get your chicken sarnies in peace :D
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

Lilith wrote:And I've known cats who begged for and stole chocolate and spring onions ... :o
A long time ago, when I didn't have cats of my own, I looked after a friend's cat in my flat for a couple of weeks while she was away. She was a bit worried because he was on daily pills at the time, but I practised with her a couple of times - open mouth (the cat's mouth, that is ;) ), pill on back of tongue, hold mouth closed until he was prepared to swallow it. However one day, in my kitchen, he fooled me and when I let him go, he spat the pill out. However as it rolled across the floor, he decided it was prey; he ran after it, picked it up and ate it.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

:lol:

So all you had to do was throw the pill for him and he'd catch it and eat it? :lol:
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by papa cat »

On a vaguely similar note,I sometimes feed my two cats from two bowls simultaneously, but they always eat first from one bowl then the other, with a lot of pushing and shoving to get each other out of the way !
I do wonder why they do that.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

People always used to look in askance when I said i used four bowls to feed three cats. People with cats would understand when I explained that it was easier to divide two pouches into four bowls and when a certain tuxie cat decided that another bowl had to be better than his the other cat at least had another to move onto. People without cats, just thought i was being weird.

As far as odd likes goes, one of the cats we had when i was a child loved Chilli Con Carne, he would happily lick the plates clean and then make his way very determinedly towards the water bowl and empty it.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

papa cat wrote:On a vaguely similar note,I sometimes feed my two cats from two bowls simultaneously, but they always eat first from one bowl then the other, with a lot of pushing and shoving to get each other out of the way !
I do wonder why they do that.
The other man's (cat's) grass is always greener? :lol:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol, ain't that the truth? :lol:

Whatever you're eating off your plate has got to be better than my plate ... grab!

What do you mean, cucumber? How dare you! I wuz conned! Call the RSPCA! :o :shock: :twisted:

Oh wow, Ruth - Chili! :o First time I've heard of that, no wonder he drained the water bowl! :shock: