Need help naming my new kitten

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Hdbocquin
New Cat Chatter

Need help naming my new kitten

Post by Hdbocquin »

Trying to decide on a name for my new little boy kitten. So far, I’ve thought of Scar, Calvin, Tommy, Cash, Haze, or Jasper, Picasso, and Apollo.

We also got him on May 4, so a Star Wars themed name would be suitable too. I thought about naming him Anakin or Luke Skywalker.

If you guys have any name ideas for Him, let me know please
Attachments
42175791-95E1-411F-B2EB-7D4BF574DF7C.jpeg
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Need help naming my new kitten

Post by bobbys girl »

Hi there! What a sweet boy. As for a name, as much as I like there to be another Tommy in the world (I had a Tommy and what a superstar he was), I think your boy would make a wonderful Anakin. Not a name I would have thought of, but I think it suits him.

May the Fourth be with you. :lol: :lol:
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

just practice calling the name outside late at night in full hearing of anyone passing :D

one syllable names tend to morph into 2 or more sylllable nicknames, because they're easier to call

Yoda must be on the list, surely, with those gorgeous ears 8-) 8-) 8-)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Now there's a point! My sister was adopted by a cat (he just turned up one day). Long story, but the owners didn't want him back. When she found out his name she said ' if you think I'm standing on the step shouting 'Elvis' you can think again!' :D
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

bobbys girl wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's got ears like a lynx, beautiful boy, perhaps 'Lynx' might be suitable, but you've already got a good long list.

Names are so subjective anyway; once I was on a snake forum and someone asked for help with naming a snake - well, you can spread yourself a bit more with a snake name, as the snake isn't likely to be answering to it, so I drew up a string of lyrical/romantic names and posted them. 'We-ell,' came back the reply, 'actually we want to call him 'Fluffy' ...'
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Looking at him and seeing a certain similarity to my Tilly at that age, I wondered whether he ought to be called Dennis the Menace!
Moolercat
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Moolercat »

Lilith wrote:
bobbys girl wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's got ears like a lynx, beautiful boy, perhaps 'Lynx' might be suitable, but you've already got a good long list.

Names are so subjective anyway; once I was on a snake forum and someone asked for help with naming a snake - well, you can spread yourself a bit more with a snake name, as the snake isn't likely to be answering to it, so I drew up a string of lyrical/romantic names and posted them. 'We-ell,' came back the reply, 'actually we want to call him 'Fluffy' ...'
Weird, I actually thought the name 'Lynx' suited him too and then saw your comment :)