a tip for the desperate

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: a tip for the desperate

Post by alanc »

Tilly went out for the first time in 20 days today. She enjoyed herself no end, going in and out for hours! Even though she has a several shaven patches, she still has enough long fur to get covered in seeds so giving me hours of fun getting them out!
Tay seems somewhat better today, rather more energetic. Will have to wait until tomorrow to see if what is wrong has been discovered.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

:lol: Freddies tail is like that. I know just where he has been by what is stuck in his bog brush tail! :D Keeping everything crossed for Tay. Hope they have some answers.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Attagirl Tilly :D

Hope Tay's back to normal soon - paws crossed for everyone.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Alan fusses to Tay... 1st Tilly, then Tiggy, followed by Freddie ... +ve vibes to everyone. Vivian
Last edited by Mayday21 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

News on Tay is that it is hoped he has an iron deficiency, which can be cured. Worry is that if his iron is normal, then more tests are going to be required. Iron test results due Friday.
Tilly is going very well, was in and out most of the day, ate her breakfast this morning and 1st tin of dinner and half of the 2nd this evening, which is about normal (she has just comes back to finish of the 2nd tin). Looking at her now, it is hard to believe she was at death's door 18 days ago!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

An update on Tay iron tests showed up normal, so he has now had a bone marrow test. Poor chap, his Mummy is seriously wondering whether to go on with the testing or just let him be as he seems happy enough at the moment.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

Ooh, I think I'd rather leave the testing if he seems happy enough
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Result of tay's tests are negative again - he hasn't got leukemia or cancer. No more tests at least for a while, so now he is on steroids to try and build up his red blood cells. Expecting him to become a muscle bound giant! Will my cat flap survive?
Tilly continues to improve, she is normally eating 2 tins a day plus a saucer of dry food and is beginning to put a bit of weight on. Her fur is beginning to grow back, although it will take months before her mane is back to its true glory.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ah - Tay Incredible Bulk! Good chap.

Glad Tilly's improving, awww, Tank Cat for a while though? :D
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Great to hear Tilly is doing well, and that Tay's results are negative, lets just hope it was a blip in the system and the steroids will sort it all out.

Tiggy is very much back to her normal self, and managed to get shut in the airing cupboard earlier. I saw the door was open and checked it, no sign of her so shut the door. Fortunately it doesn't sneck so she could push it open when she wanted to get out, she gave me a right telling off afterwards. I swear she wasn't in there, there must be a secret passage to Narnia in there as well as the wardrobe now.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ha, all cats have a Narnia and all cats are capable of being in two places at once ... my anecdote (true!) of the kittens who were upstairs and downstairs simultaneously, but won't repeat ...

Glad Tiggy's on the mend, in Narnia or the real world :D
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Talking about Narnia, Lucy has an obsession with my wardrobe doors, so I often tell her we don’t live in Narnia!! She also likes to cry at the alcove walls and the fireplace when she can’t go out, really don’t know what she thinks that will achieve. The past couple of weeks she’s been in the bathroom when I’ve opened the cupboard door, she was desperate to explore that, but it’s a few feet off the floor, so I’d worry she’d hurt herself jumping back out, and it’s quite deep so she may go too far back for me to get her and then attack me.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol that reminds me of my house previous to this one; once the back bedroom door was closed and George, the Beast of Bodmin, wanted to get in. When he realised he couldn't he went into the bathroom and opened the cupboard under the sink ... logical. It was against the bedroom wall, perhaps he could get in that way ... :lol:
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

That's hilarious!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Cats can be incredibly determined when they want to get somewhere.

I've mentioned the black cat we had when i was a kid, Sam, before. We lived in a large old Georgian house at the time and the cats were confined to the dining room, kitchen and back passage area at night with access to outside through a cat flap. There was a beautiful old Wisteria growing up the front house by my parents bedroom, he found he could climb up it and would then meow a couple of times and settle down on the window sill until someone let him in (except for the time he forgot where he was, rolled over, fell off and went crashing down through the wisteria, fortunately he was fine). My father decided he had had enough of this and cut the wisteria back from the windows, unfortunately he must have left a few strands going up onto the roof. My room was at the back of the house, under the eaves with a dormer window overlooking the yard, I woke up one morning to the sound of Sam meowing outside MY window. He must have climbed up the wisteria, found he couldn't get on to Mum's window sill and crossed the roof to mine. There was no wisteria to break his fall there, just a long drop onto a flagstone yard, and a window that opened outwards. Fortunately Sam understood he had to jump across onto the bathroom window sill so I could open my window to let him in.

Sam was always describe as not being the sharpest knife in the block, or as thick as two short planks, or just lovably dimwitted, but he did have an underlying cunning when it came to getting what he wanted.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Worst I saw was a few years ago, my neighbour had 2 male cats that Buster Would beat up, so we had a Rota system, she'd get them in when I got home. One day Podge decided he didn't want to, so jumped off the wall, that must have a 10ft drop at the other end! He stood up, shook himself off and walked away, probably proud to outwit her!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol - again George (it would be George) once dived off the top of a staircase as a kitten ... I thought it was a small black cloth that had dropped off between the banisters - until the cloth got up, straightened itself out and shot back upstairs to resume battle with its sister the Dreaded Leopard ...

Lol Ruth, I take it that your father, as a gardener, was a very good dentist? :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Willow is the one for wardrobes and due to her cross-patch nature, she is known as 'the witch IN the wardrobe'. :lol: :lol:

Purdy likes the airing cupboard. She likes to roll all over mummy's clean washing! :o

Pleased to hear that Tay and Tilly are both doing well.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Glad Tiggy is better. Tilly is going well, apart from here short fur and general skinny look, you would not know she had been ill. Tay seems to be doing well and responding to treatment.
Tilly is also one for the wardrobe - she scratches at the door until I open it, then peers inside before deciding to do something else!
I was in Tilly's bad books yesterday, as I shut her in. There was painting of railings going on up the road, and whilst I like black cats, I have no desire for Tilly to turn into one!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Oh good thinking lol!

Reminds me of the time I lived with an Alsatian and she flattened herself against some newly painted panelling ... cherry red gloss. She was moulting, too, and if you've ever experienced a moulting Alsatian ... hairy!

I have no memory of how I dealt with her, but I do recall spending hours with the tweezers and the paintwork ... :shock: