Cattery for Non vaccinated cats

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Cattery for Non vaccinated cats

Post by papa cat »

I am moving house on Friday 15 June and it would be preferable if my cats were spared the upheaval of the packing (on the 14th) and the removal (on the 15th)

My cats have always been kept indoors and I didn't keep their vaccinations up to date.

I have made a large number of telephone calls to catteries near me but none will accept unvaccinated cats.
Does anyone know a boarding cattery in Kent or South East Greater London that has an isolation pen that could look after my cats from Wednesday 13 Jun to Saturday 16 June
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cattery for Non vaccinated cats

Post by Janey »

Unfortunately I don’t live in your area to know of any catteries, but here’s some information on catteries that may be helpful:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/choos ... ng-cattery
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

This is a random thought, but what about asking a boarding kennel (one that doesn't normally take cats) if they would keep your cats in one of their pens for a couple of days? I don't think cats and dogs transmit diseases to each other, so they might be more flexible about the vaccinations. It would not be pleasant for your cats to be in such close proximity to barking dogs, but neither will they like spending hours shut in their carriers, or cupboards, or whatever you could do with them during the house move to stop them escaping.

If you can't board them out, but have to keep them with you, then I think you'd be best to get a good-sized crate to keep them in during the move, when the door will have to be open for the movers to get in and out.
Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Alice »

Could you possibly persuade/encourage/bribe any of your family/friends/neighbours to have your cats for the few days covering your removal?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

Any chance of taking them to the new house ahead of your move, and setting them up with feeders, litter tray etc. in an empty room

Assuming of course it isn't miles away and the occupiers are leaving before you arrive
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by papa cat »

Hello everyone, I'm back !
I have been virtually cut off from the outside world for 5 days !
I had no landline, no mobile phone (no signal in this area) no broadband and no television !!!!!!!!!
Only the radio to listen to.
The move went well and my cats were safely looked after by a friend.
I was so glad of my friends help, it would have been very very difficult to have packed and moved with two frightened cats around.
The packing and moving went quite well, I've brought too much stuff and still need to sort and dump things.
I didn't do my own packing, the removers and my son did that and unfortunately I have lost a few things in the process that should have been kept, but nothing that can't be replaced.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hey, so glad it turned out all right - hope you and the guys are settling in happily :)