Coco and Chanel dilemma

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Coco and Chanel dilemma

Post by Mollycat » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:03 pm

Wow that must be such a great feeling!

Just a thought about hissing, my Molly is very hissy, the hissiest cat I have ever met for sure, but at times it feels like just an extension of the lashing tail - not so much directed at anyone as an instant expression of a thought that crosses her mind. Molly hisses to herself, rather than at anyone (except the dog of course!) I think of it as only one side of the dilemma in her mind, she wants the closeness but is afraid of it. Does this ring like a possibility with your girls?

Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:05 pm

Always great to see updates on these two, particularly when it is such good news, i know how much being able to just rub behind the ear with one finger can mean, I will never forget the first time Freyja let me do it.

booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:58 pm

It was, I just have to watch myself for pushing her too much now, or it might be another 2 years! Funny you should say that about hissing, Lucy and Coco hiss at me daily, I see it as a term of endearment and respond to Coco by saying I love you too! Lucy hisses most when I go to let her out, stems from my neighbours cat sitting on the doorstep. He's been dead over 12 months but she hasn't stopped, guess she never will. I think Chanel definitely wants it but I think is out off by her mum's reaction - last week I was letting Chanel sniff my finger and Coco drew blood.

booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:06 pm

Really pleased, last night Chanel actually ate part of her supper biscuits from my hand and this morning she came and rubbed my legs while I was dishing out breakfast, cant remember the last time she did that, and ate a couple of her breakfast biscuits off my hand. It was funny last night, Coco was watching her with a puzzled look, as its normally only Coco who will eat off my hand

Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:20 pm

I thought of something else, Molly makes a bold step forward and then withdraws as if she has scared herself because she's gone too far for comfort. We've all noticed it - one day she is all cuddly and then the next few days she runs away and gets all skittish. Does that sound like your girls too?

booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:26 pm

I don't think so, but one thing I find odd is that I sit with them multiple times a day for varying lengths of time, most of the time they take no notice of me, but if I've had a busy few days and not spent as much time with them, Coco is more hissy and a bit off with me, so she clearly appreciates it more than she let's on