Coco and Chanel dilemma

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Coco and Chanel dilemma

Post by booktigger »

That reminds me of when I picked up Lucy, when I'd first viewed her I got bit, it was the assistant manager when I went to collect (I was torn between two, the irony is I chose Lucy as she was better with other cats! The other had to be in a room by herself as she attacked any other cat she was in a room with!), who was really stunned I'd chosen her, and asked if I wanted to do a trial period first. I found out after she'd had 7 reiki sessions and ended each one by biting the volunteer! In the rescue she sat on anyone who sat down, even if she did bite most of them when they tried to leave, she barely sat on my knee when we got home, now she mainly sits on me in bed, so I have to spend more time there
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

I love this, Ruth. I had no idea what was in store with Molly, the rescue said she was a home to home so they hadn't met her at all but they matched us up on the basis of what I needed and could offer and what Molly's people said about her. They just acted as a dating agency in our case. The lady and I spoke on the phone and she seemed happy that I would take good care of her kitty, all she really told me was that Molly would hide until she was comfortable with any visitor's voice and that she had rescued her at 9 months old from a noisy chaotic home. So I never met her until she arrived to live with me, and then all I saw for the first week was a flash of grey as she shot from the carrier under the bed and then a shadow if I woke in the night while she was exploring.

She has damaged me, once, and it could have been very serious because it's a small but deep tear-scratch so close to my eyelashes it's actually on the lower eyelid, if that makes sense. My fault entirely, I got complacent - she has two towers and one is ok to touch her on and the other isn't. I got overconfident trying to stroke her on the no-touch tower, and she was on the face-height level. Tell me again how I was insane enough to put my face into her belly after that? But hands have obviously caused her problems before and a face in her belly never has.

Purdy my 23 year old from a previous relationship, she is the bitey one. Still purring as she sinks her teeth in. She got better with some gentle guidance but the worst with her is how you get to know before she does that she's going to bite so you stop stroking and then you get the most outraged look because you dare to stop stroking.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Had such brave girls this morning, Chanel was curled up on the stairs, she let me put my foot on the same step as her before flying up the stairs. I didn't know where Coco was, flung my work bag on the sofa and started putting things in it, before noticing she was on the back of the sofa!! she watched me, then I went in the kitchen to get food bowls, she was still on the back of the sofa when I came back, which is a first, so I sat on the sofa and messed on my phone till she went upstairs. We did sit and have a conversation last night, she does like that. They have had to share a present here is ?Lucy testing it
Girls happy.jpg
Lucy present.jpg
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Mayday21 »

HNY Booktigger maybe this is the precursor for that 21 is the year Coco & Chanel realise all is ok. Wishing you a kind, a gentle & a tad more normality. Fusses to the fur babes. Vivian & the Famous Five from Oz.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

I'm sure sometimes when you don't notice a cat, they are happier because you aren't paying them attention (other cats really hate being ignored and let you know it). Hopefully it is a good sign and things will keep moving forward, small steps are still steps in the right direction.