Cat Proofing

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Cat Proofing

Post by lilynmitz »

Just to add a bit more info to the thread, I used Purrfect Fencing, which has a spring loaded angled overhang bracket, so if the cat tries to climb round the overhang on fixed brackets (and I know of at least one cat that does this regularly), with this product the end of the bracket drops down and deposits the cat on the ground. It’s worked at keeping my little aspiring spider monkey/cat contained! I’ve been really pleased with it (and no, I don’t work for them)
haleypurr23
New Cat Chatter

Post by haleypurr23 »

lilynmitz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:48 pm Just to add a bit more info to the thread, I used Purrfect Fencing, which has a spring loaded angled overhang bracket, so if the cat tries to climb round the overhang on fixed brackets (and I know of at least one cat that does this regularly), with this product the end of the bracket drops down and deposits the cat on the ground. It’s worked at keeping my little aspiring spider monkey/cat contained! I’ve been really pleased with it (and no, I don’t work for them)
I took the plunge on purrfect fencing as well. My brother had tried to create something for me out of materials he had with bent metal rods (similar to protect a pet. However, my one clever kitty was still getting out. We tried different lengths, angles, materials. After having a neighbor lose a cat I decided enough was enough and did the purrfect fence and all escapes have ceased. The fancy arm seems to be the difference maker. He climbs up as he did before and instead of having the time to carefully climb around the fixed angled rod, he now is flipped upside down and set back on the ground. He has mostly stopped trying to escape and seems to be enjoying himself a bit more in our garden. I wish I had done it sooner but all is well now!
ThorpeDave
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by ThorpeDave »

Still not had an escape BUT we have had a break-in

the Cat that originally bullied Mia out of her home managed to get in, Rolled around on the cat nip then spent 4 hours trying to get out and couldn't!

Mia and Hendrix were acting very strangely on Wednesday morning but we could not see anything. Then at about 10am I saw the cat sittin on a viewing platform and went out to him. He was terrified to start with and dived for cover behind a large planter.

After a couple of winks and talking to him, I put my hand down and scratched the top of his head - which he loved (thankfully) He then came out and had a good fuss before I opened the gate and let him out.

After reviewing the CCTV footage I discovered that he got in at 5am so was stuck in our garden for just over 5 hours and enjoyed the catnip!

Regards

Dave
Dolly Doolittle
New Cat Chatter

Post by Dolly Doolittle »

Hi 👋

New to the forum but I’ve had cats for 30yrs who have all been outdoor cats. I adopted a bonded rescue pair in January who are very skittish so the work continues slowly but surely 😉 They won’t be outdoor cats so looking to get a catio for my patio. I have a double aspect opening back door - one with a cat flap in already. I wanted to leave one door free to use so am looking to create a cat flap tunnel out to the pen - I am interested if anybody else has done this out to their catios? TIA 🤞👍