Axa Pet insurance - changing to NCI

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Axa Pet insurance - changing to NCI

Post by meriad »

Most of us probably know that Axa stopped selling new policies some time back, but I was still able to renew the existing policies I have with them. On Friday I received a letter saying that once the policy is up for renewal this time round the cover will be taken over by a company called NCI.

Has anyone ever heard of them and any views - good or bad?
MagnificentMogs
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 0

Re: Axa Pet insurance - changing to NCI

Post by MagnificentMogs »

I got that letter too and hadn't heard of them either, I hope they're ok! 3 of my 4 policies are with them!
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

mmmm, I'm going to wait until I get the official letter from NCI but this is what I've found online

http://www.ncionline.co.uk/our-business/pet-insurance/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

some discussion here on another forum

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index ... pic=270341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

Lots of confusion on there too!
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Shelly and Dora »

I worked in insurance for a couple of years and its not a company I ever came across.

It's proving more and more difficult to get pet insurance as clearly most insurers are pulling out of the market. I've just renewed Dora's policy which has increased by 98% from last years price but given that my claims in the last 2 years total nearly £8,000 its small price to pay; especially as any other insurer would exclude pre-existing conditions....
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

I called my vet earlier on today to see if they've ever had any dealings with them and they had never heard of them....

hmmmm

thanks for that link Kay; i'll have a read through it a bit later
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

I got one of those letters too, followed a couple of days later by AXA renewal docs. His has gone up from £32 to £37, which I think is fairly good. I'm bringing his bloods forward and ordering 3 months of his meds to be on the safe side (I've not claimed previously to try and keep his premium down)
MsMolly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by MsMolly »

hmm may be time to give serious thought about who to insure Harry and Monty with. The rest of mine are all insured with PetPlan so may switch them over to there. Another one to look at is Sainsbury's - they now do cover for life
canterbury-cats
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by canterbury-cats »

I have never used AXA, but i have used Co op in the past, but now have all my three with Petplan as i got a very good multicat discount.. I currently pay £38.00 pm for all three, life time cover up to E4000.. I expect to pay a bit more for pedigree cats (Siamese) are under 5yr.. I know that there was a lot about AXA insurance a while back and my moto with insurance is that if its too good to be true it usually is..

I have never had to claim since putting all three cats with Petplan but have just put a bill in for £200 or so, as my Noah had a very severe cut to his leg a week ago and had to be put under to have it stitched up.. Due to the operation time it hiked the bill up a lot,but he bouneced back in no time.. So i wait to see how quick Petplan are to pay up..

I have never heard of NIC either...

Somoene mentioned to me a while back that VETUK now do a very good insurance plan that has life long cover..?