Appeal for Kitten Spyro - can anyone help?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
YogiBoy
Site Admin
No. of cats in household: 2

Appeal for Kitten Spyro - can anyone help?

Post by YogiBoy »

Hello,
spyro-forum-cropped.jpg
spyro-forum-cropped.jpg (31.97 KiB) Viewed 927 times
We don't usually promote funding posts on the forum, but little Spyro (and his owner) need any helping hands they can get.

Spyro (pictured) has a fractured leg, it needs amputating, but the vet bill is beyond his owners' means, and they face possibly having to give him up if they can't cover the bill. He is currently managing on pain relief. We have spoken to the vets today, and the bill is likely to be up to £700 (not the £1500 originally thought).

We have been corresponding with his owner for a few days now, and she has tried everything to get funding for this. Unfortunately PDSA are unable to help as Spyro isn't in their catchment area. About £400 so far has been pledged between three small charities, so if anyone feels they could contribute towards the remaining £300 you can do so on Spyro's GoFundMe page. We are sure contributions of any amount will be very gratefully received.

Please see Spyro's story and updates here: https://www.gofundme.com/n8jh9-save-spyro

Big Thanks to anyone who can help. We'll post any updates here!
Purrrrs from Yogi (& his human slaves)
YogiBoy
Site Admin

Re: Appeal for Kitten Spyro - can anyone help?

Post by YogiBoy »

Just a brief update - the GoFundMe page for little Spyro has already reached £205 as at this morning.

His owner posted this update on the page:
"I am overwhelmed at how many people have helped Spyro so far. I can't say thank you enough. You are all amazing! Will be contacting the vet again today to finally move forward to Sypros recovery"

Good Luck Spyro!
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi YogiBoy any update on little Spyro ... nice that Cat Chat’s been speaking to owner. I think this forum is fabulous and deserves community recognition. Vivian
YogiBoy
Site Admin

Post by YogiBoy »

Hello,

Apologies for the late update. Here is one of Spyro's X-rays, that he had done on Monday.
spyro-x-ray.jpg

His owner posted this update on Tuesday:

"Spyros xray went well yesterday. His two main leg bones (i forget their names) have broken off their growth plates, which is why his leg has a peculiar angle to it. We have a few options as to what we do, but the vet is happy with how well he can still use his leg. So we are going on a two week trial to see how he comes with it and we will go from there.
Surgery is still an option, but a very expensive one. If we can avoid that and amputation then we will. But my main concern is that Spyro is happy and not in pain! Fingers are crossed for him
"

So, it looks like a two week wait before the vets decide definitely what to do. When we spoke to the vet, amputation was their likely option, but he may now avoid that. I'll post back when we hear more, but you can also catch up with more updates on their GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/n8jh9-save-spyro

Big thanks to all who have helped, and Good luck Spyro!