Andrex Cat? Loo-dicrous!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Andrex Cat? Loo-dicrous!

Post by Lilith »

Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Andrex Cat? Loo-dicrous!

Post by Alice »

Between the unrolling and the re-rolling someone has turned the toilet roll round, but well done puss!!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

I never spotted that, to be honest, but he is cute ... if slightly potty ... :D
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

I still hide my loo paper as Harper spreads it throughout the house. :lol: :lol: Vivian
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Seeing how many cats seem to have a thing about loo roll, I think I must have been lucky and never got one. Granted while we had Blue the bathroom door had to be kept shut, we think he had smelt what the toilet was for even through all the toilet cleaner and bleach and decide the bathroom was a place he could go once when he didn't want to come downstairs due to us doing some redecorating. Fortunately he decided the bathmat was the best place to go which was easy to clean afterwards, but once he had done it once. he never forgot it as an option, even when we put a litter tray upstairs for him as well as downstairs.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarySkater »

That cat appears to be ambidextrous. When my Rocky uses a paw for something, he always seems to use the right paw.

As with other cats I've owned, he likes yogurt, and after I've had some, I hold the pot for him so he can lick round the edge. But he's the first cat I've had who will then dip a paw (the right one) into the pot to wipe up traces too far down to be licked.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ohh lol, do you still suffer from the wonderful blizzard of Oz? :shock: :lol:

When Molly moved in and started attacking the kitchen roll (aka snakes' bog roll) I thought this cute ... several years on it had stopped being quite so cute and I'm thankful she never realised about loo roll.

Mary, I've had several cats who scooped food up with their paws, and there was that cat in the 1970s, I think, Arthur, who ate catfood with his paw, forget the brand. A paw and a claw's so useful to hook a piece of meat off the plate ... crafty little beggars ...

All this reminds me of a dreadful joke I learned in my youth:

A guy has a slight mishap with his delivery wagon and the police are called out to find it in the ditch.

Well, sir, where have you come from?
Taunton.
And where are you travelling to?
Tewkesbury.
I see, and what are you carrying?
Tinted toilet tissue.
And how much?
Ten tons. It toppled.
And where are you headed to, in Tewkesbury?
Timothy Whites and Taylors.
I see ... So. You're taking ten tons of toppled tinted toilet tissue from Taunton to Tewkesbury, to Timothy Whites and Taylors. That's a s*hitload of toilet paper isn't it?
Well, the thing is, you see ... they're our sole agents ...

Think about it.

Sorry, mods :oops: :lol:
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

The cat food was Catomeat and was around in the 80s, i remember it well. They used a white cat called Arthur to advertise it as he would pick it up on his paw and eat it that way. They then changed the name to Arthur's.

I've never had a cat that I've seen eat off it's paw, but i've had several that wouldn't eat if you were in the kitchen with them, or would throw up straight afterwards if they did, so food is put down and they are left to it. My Mum's cats both did it, Tufty would even try and do with dried cat food, you would often catch her trying to balance a single crunch between her claws. Stroppy on the other hand tried it with water when she was with me. She did like the water fountain and while she wasn't bothered about the free flowing water she would dip her paw in and then lick the water off that.

Sorry I must be being dim on that joke, i can't see it at all.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarySkater »

Ruth B wrote:Sorry I must be being dim on that joke, i can't see it at all.
Nor me.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Just think or repeat out loud the words 'our sole' ...

A clue - it's lavatory humour and kind of crude ...

Again sorry ... well, not really :oops: :lol: :lol:

Oh boy the mods will be striking me off ... :o
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Ruth B wrote:The cat food was Catomeat and was around in the 80s, i remember it well. They used a white cat called Arthur to advertise it as he would pick it up on his paw and eat it that way. They then changed the name to Arthur's.

I've never had a cat that I've seen eat off it's paw, but i've had several that wouldn't eat if you were in the kitchen with them, or would throw up straight afterwards if they did, so food is put down and they are left to it. My Mum's cats both did it, Tufty would even try and do with dried cat food, you would often catch her trying to balance a single crunch between her claws. Stroppy on the other hand tried it with water when she was with me. She did like the water fountain and while she wasn't bothered about the free flowing water she would dip her paw in and then lick the water off that.

Sorry I must be being dim on that joke, i can't see it at all.
I fostered a cat called Arthur (he was ginger and white) and he liked to eat food off his paw
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

When Tilly gets bored with her food, she often sticks her paw in and licks of the pate - or flicks it all around and manages to spread it on her fur and tail!