Its too COLD Daddy!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Its too COLD Daddy!

Post by alanc »

Tilly went out this morning, met an icy blast and shot back indoors! Seems a long time since May when she was complaining of the heat. Even longer from the days of her youth when she went out and played in the snow for hours!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Its too COLD Daddy!

Post by Ruth B »

Warm beds and radiator hammocks are the order of the day now in my house. They may go out for a bit, but they are happy knowing they have somewhere to come back and warm up in afterwards.

Even Saturn, who will be missing for hours on end in the Summer seems to be back far more regularly and asleep in a hammock.

The litter tray is also getting a lot more use as well, I can't blame them I wouldn't want to have to use a privy at the bottom of the garden either.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ohhhh ... old age overtakes us all ...

10 years ago I used to like spending Christmas doing my winter digging on the allotment ... nowadays I bask indoors, washing my whiskers, and so do Mouse and Molly ...

Poor Tilly, reminds me of a story I've told before, of my delicate chocolate-point Siamese, the Outlaw Josey Wails, who raged at me one winter, 'can't get OUT, Lil, snow's up to my ANKLES!' :o :lol:
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Well, Lilith, there was a time, nearly 8 years ago now, when snow up to their tummies stopped Badger and Tilly going out. It wasn't that they didn't want to go (indeed they were impatient to get out) but all the water they had dumped on the cat flap from their belly fur when they came in the night before had frozen solid. Took me about 10 minutes to unfreeze it before they could go out!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

alanc wrote:Well, Lilith, there was a time, nearly 8 years ago now, when snow up to their tummies stopped Badger and Tilly going out. It wasn't that they didn't want to go (indeed they were impatient to get out) but all the water they had dumped on the cat flap from their belly fur when they came in the night before had frozen solid. Took me about 10 minutes to unfreeze it before they could go out!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The boys go out in all weathers, our girls are more choosy. Bob AND Freddie come straight to me and yell that they want to be dried off. Fred came in the other day like a mobile compost heap, his big, fluffy tail full of leaves. :roll:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

That's typical - cats who manage to freeze their own cat door! :lol:

Is it really a year ago I posted a video of cats playing in snow? Just found another one ... with a cat that insists on riding on the snow shovel (Ginger yer barmy!) a cat that thinks, hey this snow is cool stuff, let's get some for the house, and the feline snowplough ... Cats are daft!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3vpH2plb5I

I take it Fred's back up to speed, Bobbysgirl? Bless him. That tail, I noticed it in his last pic. To paraphrase Gilbert and Sullivan - 'Never ever had a male, so incredible a tail ...' :D
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Fred came in the other day like a mobile compost heap, his big, fluffy tail full of leaves. :roll:
Oh dear, the leaf rake tail! Tilly has one too!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Yes Fred is back on form. He was rolling around on the shed roof yesterday! :shock: