The nights are drawing in ...

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

The nights are drawing in ...

Post by fjm »

Officially supper time is 6pm, but that seems to have gone by the board...

2pm Cats' bowl still has generous amount of food in it
3pm Cats' bowl by no means empty
3.15pm Pippin starts prowling obtrusively around the sitting room
3.30pm Sophy (Papillon) suggests it has been a long time since breakfast
3.30pm +.5 seconds Poppy (toy poodle) agrees that is as been a very long time since breakfast
3.31pm Tilly-cat appears from nowhere, and starts dropping hints
3.35, 3.40, 3.45, 3.50pm Faint moans of hunger, and symptoms of starvation from all four animals
3.55pm I give in and head for the kitchen. Vociferous joy from the two dogs. Pippin takes up position on the bottom step leading up to the cat flap. Tilly waits at the bottom of the stairs.
3.57pm Poppy's bowl is empty
4pm Sophy's bowl is empty
4.05pm Cats' bowl is much reduced
4.45pm Faint murmurs from Sophy that it is a long time since supper
4.45 +.5pm Faint agreement from Poppy
Cats, meanwhile, have vanished - out on the prowl, and explaining to the neighbours that they are never fed and are dependent on the kindness of strangers...
Last edited by fjm on Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: The nights are drawing in ...

Post by Lilith »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant - and so true!

They do like to guilt you!

I think maybe it's to do with the clocks going back, and in my case, after spending most of last year with a hyperthyroid Mouse screaming with (justifiable) unsatisfied hunger before her system adapted after treatment, and following on that my poor Emily with her ckd and faddy appetite that dictated nice little snacks at all hours (and the others mopping up leftovers) I'm adjusting to a routine that doesn't dictate round the clock feeding. Mouse and Molly have biscuits 24/7 and wet breakfast and supper - approximately 9am and 9pm. Maybe later at night so as to get them into the way of not expecting wet food in the early hours. But what happens when insomniac Lil wakes at 4am and goes down the the kitchen for a drink and a small ginger figure joins her with a happy conversational trill of 'prrrou!' and a plump reproachful figure in its black winter cardy (Mouse is a black tux) is sitting by the (half empty) wet food bowl ... well, how can you refuse?

Little horrors. Cats are creatures of routine, they say? Except where their grub's concerned!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: The nights are drawing in ...

Post by alanc »

Glad I'm not the only one who succumbs to feline stares!
Tilly's official dinner time is 5:15pm, when I get in from work, but its more like 3pm at weekends this time of year.
I also have to put up with stares from next doors Tay and Toto, who seem to think if their mummy is out I should go and feed them!