Lick e lix!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Lick e lix!

Post by alanc »

Poor Mouse. Not the best time of year to have a shaven neck. Tilly's fur has all regrown from her troubles back in May, but poor Tay from next door keeps on getting his neck shorn for more blood tests.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Oh poor Tay and Tilly, so undignified, glad Tilly's recovered her pelage. Mousey is snug enough tucked up on her furry heated pad though her britches are matted again despite her being shorthaired (but she bites me if I brush her for too long.) I've also ordered her some Gourmet soups as a change to hide the Lactulose in (shocking price but she's 17 and my darling - what else can I do lol?) :D
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

Have you tried liver for constipation? It usually does the trick for my animals - too much so when I got a bit generous with the dried liver treats!

I must get some Lick-e-lix, although I am a bit reluctant to start any more traditions. It sometimes feels as if the canine and/or feline internal alarms go off every 15 minutes as it is - Get Up; Breakfast; Walk; Treats; Lap; More walking; More treats - and so on until they start mithering me to go to bed...
Laurensayrah
New Cat Chatter

Post by Laurensayrah »

fjm wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:53 pm Have you tried liver for constipation? It usually does the trick for my animals - too much so when I got a bit generous with the dried liver treats!

I must get some Lick-e-lix, although I am a bit reluctant to start any more traditions. It sometimes feels as if the canine and/or feline internal alarms go off every 15 minutes as it is - Get Up; Breakfast; Walk; Treats; Lap; More walking; More treats - and so on until they start mithering me to go to bed...
What kind of liver treats were you giving them?

I know this is a super old thread and a bit of a shot in the dark but I have come across this super handy forum whilst researching how frequently you can give cats lick-e-lix. I am in the exact same situation discussed above with my furbaby (enemas and all!) & have to give her lactalose on the reg now. She looves the lick-e-lix which fortunately has made the whole process of administering lactalose 10 times easier!

Shes on wet food, & her blood tests all came back fine, so the vet just recommended keeping her on the lactalose for the time being. Unsure how I feel about that, so hoping some liver treats might help with her constant-pation issue :P
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

I think they were Thrive: https://thrivepetfoods.com/thrive-prore ... dog-treats. I am wary of commercial treats these days, so mostly make my own, though. I would try her with very tiny scraps of raw or cooked liver - preferably beef. Think half a teaspoonful at first, and check with your vet just in case. Liver should only be about 5% of total daily calorie intake.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Be especially careful not to overdose beef liver as that is especially high in vitamin A and vitamin A is toxic in high doses for long periods.