Need a name!!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lois91
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Need a name!!

Post by Lois91 »

Hello everyone :D
I’m new to this forum so be kind! :lol: I bought an 11 week old kitten today and I’m struggling to think of a name! He is a moggie with a quarter Bengal. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I like unique names.
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Need a name!!

Post by Judy Barnett »

Hi Lois, lovely to meet you. What about Aristotle, or is that a bit too unusual. You could call him 'Harry' for short. I have a neighbour with a cat of same name and I thought it was brilliant. His other cat is called Tut as in Tutankhamun! :o
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Welcome to the forum and don't worry, we are all gentle here.

We've just had the lunar eclipse so how about a lunar related name, there are plenty of lunar gods on Wiki, have a look through and see if one takes your fancy.

Always remember whatever name you give him and register him under, he will end up with at least five other ones when at home.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

Benji, in recognition of that quarter Bengal?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Yes, I wondered about the Bengal ancestry - there are some gorgeous Indian male names if you google. I once nearly bought a Bengal cross and joked about calling him Bengal Billy (Billi is Hindi/Urdu for 'cat' - well, I have a royal python called Shahi - which of course means 'royal' lol.)

Lol Ruth I know what you mean about nicknames ... hey, with your father being a dentist, wasn't he ever tempted to call one of his cats ... Macavity?

Congrats on the new arrival, Lois, and hope you find the right name :)
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

We never had a Macavity, but we did have a Fangs.

The first cat we had was a ginger one but ended up as Rusty, then Sam adopted us, and he was in a real state when he arrived with war wounds and a couple of large abscesses, he got nicknamed Grotbags (any one remember the witch in Willow the Wisp) or more commonly just Grotty. After Fang's Mum had to be put to sleep we were left with three cats:

Rusty, Grotty, Fangs,

which was somehow rather ironic.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Don't forget the late Terry Prachet's advice - make it short and something you don't mind yelling round the neighborhood whilst banging the dinner gong.
(Note to Badger's shade - yes, that was you!)
SuttonRider
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by SuttonRider »

Mogals
Catotum
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Catotum »

alanc wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:35 pm Don't forget the late Terry Prachet's advice - make it short and something you don't mind yelling round the neighborhood whilst banging the dinner gong.
(Note to Badger's shade - yes, that was you!)
Quite. I named my adoptive stray (i.e. I was adopted by him) Aspidistra (which is where I found him, in my living room) but I soon realised that the cry of ASS PEE when I wanted him to come in was not going to be something I could live with. Loki, he became, & he lives upto his name.