Bobby update

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Bobby update

Post by bobbys girl »

To all the kind folks asking after Bob - he had a dressing change this morning and the wound was dry and a lot cleaner. The vet was pleased with him and I was cock-a-hoop!
He has also put on a little weight. His new dressing is yellow, he looks like he is in the Tour de France!
He is fast asleep on the back of the sofa right now. It's been a busy day! :D
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Bobby update

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Excellent news!! X
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Great to hear that his wound has started healing better!! That's a huge relief for you. It's good that he's put a little bit of weight on too. No wonder you're thrilled :D Keep us informed about the lovely boy.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

An update on the update...
Bob continues to improve. He had several stitches out yesterday. But the area over his shoulder blade has not yet closed properly. Probably something to do with him bouncing around like a mad thing! Still wearing his bandage -blue this time.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

What a relief that he's improving so well and obviously feeling good. I'm sure the area around his shoulder blade will eventually close up. Sounds like it will take a bit longer then if he's been so happy and bouncy :D . Pity his bandage is blue now that the Tour de France is starting.

Sue who's that in your avatar? Very lovely picture.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

The avatar is Bob before his op. It is the only one I have where he is not blinking, yawning or blurred!
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

I thought it must be but I've now realised what I've done. In the other photo you posted on your thread about how to post pics, I thought Bob was black and white!! I've had another look and realised that's all his dressing and bandages :roll:

Oh dear. Must get my eyes tested. He really is a gorgeous boy.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

He's lovely, and I'm glad he's on the mend. :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Another visit to the vet today. The last 2 stitches out but the 2 remaining 'holes' still not closing - drat, drat and double drat! :x
Having said that, Aoife, (I think that's spelt right - 'eefa') the vet is very pleased with him and says considering he is FIV and has had major surgery, he is doing fine.
He now has a very fetching green 'jumper'. He is zooming around the house and eating like a little horse!
I love him to bits. :D
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

That's still good progress. It's going to take a little longer than normal for the last two "holes" to heal properly. Could be due to Bob's FIV or his hyperactivity! Very likely the latter. It's great that his stitches are all out now. He must look a cool dude in his new green outfit :) What a lovely little character he is. Obviously a very happy boy.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

Aw bless him. I agree with Carol, I would think that the two holes may just take that bit longer. Your Bobby is such a gorgeous boy.

Give him a cuddle from me
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

If the vet's happy, then that's good progress. Hope he continues to improve. xx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Good for the little fella. His is good hands with his Mummy.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

At Bob's latest check-up (yesterday) the wound on his shoulder is all but closed and the other one is smaller -Great :)
We are going away for a couple of days. So mum will be looking after kitties. The vet has offered to board Bobby - which will take the pressure off mum. So he is off on his holidays too! Wish I could take him with me - I miss him already!
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

That's a great improvement. So the wound is almost healed. What a relief! Enjoy your break. Bobby will be fine. He'll be excited to see you when you get back.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Well we are back! I picked up Bobby this morning - minus his bandage!!!
I spoke to one of the senior vets. He seems quite enlightened about FIV. He says he is happy that Bobby is finally on the mend.
Little man meowed all the way home, enjoyed a big snuggle with me and Dave, ate most of a tin of Applaws, then fell asleep on my jumper.
I will post a photo when I can.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Well done Bobby :) . He'll feel quite "free" now that he's not got his bandage on. Sounds like he's made great progress. Glad your vet is so pleased with him. Even better to hear how your vet was about FIV. Maybe Bobby can help them see things in a different light. With it being the senior vet, he'll have some influence too. Looking forward to the photos.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Good going Bobby - that's good news! :)
Good Old Bakes
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Good Old Bakes »

Great to hear Bobby is recovering well and is on the mend. As a newcomer to this forum, what happened to him originally?
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Bobby was born with nerve damage to his front left leg. He managed just fine until the leg got infected. The infection took so long to heal that the vet thought there might be an underlying problem. There was - he is FIV+. So we had the leg removed to prevent future problems. With the FIV he took a while to heal. But I am very pleased to say he is on the mend.
Yesterday as I was leaving a post on the forum, he was sitting in his favourite spot on the back of the sofa. He suddenly did a vertical take off 3 feet into the air and caught a fly! :o :lol: