WILD CAT???

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Remnar010
New Cat Chatter

WILD CAT???

Post by Remnar010 »

Hey everyone so i iv had my cat bink's for about a year and a half now and he was about 3m-6m old when i found him at a friends house deep in the woods in one of my live traps it was odvious when i found him he was wild you could see it in his eyes that he didnt know what i was. Any ways long storry short i took him home and tryed keeping him and he turned to liking me after about 2 months of basicly having a tiger in my house lol. My question is do regular cats get huge when they grow up wild because he looks nothing like a maincoon hes orang and white with short hair but he is bigger than my full grown 19" beagle and 1 0f his paws are 1/2 the size of my palm and i wear lg to xl gloves and he is easily much heavier than the beagle but he is in shape not fat and he makes these (sometimes terrifying) non house cat noises any ideas on what he might be or possibly half domestic half bob cat or something idk.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: WILD CAT???

Post by MarySkater »

Photos would help, especially photos showing him next to furniture, a human or the beagle, to give a better idea of his size.

Edited to add: It would also help to know what country you are in.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

Sounds to me like a large feral domestic. Even if a domestic cat did breed with a wild bobcat there are no documented cases of this and with the size difference it would have to be a bobcat mother as a domestic cat would be very unlikely to survive the pregnancy of such large offspring, and if its mother was a bobcat it wouldn't be tame in just a couple of months.

Has this cat ever seen a vet? Perhaps they could help you figure it out.
Dolly
New Cat Chatter

Post by Dolly »

Remnar010,
My last cat who recently died,was semi feral,he was huge,