Mama Cass is missing (I think)

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Mama Cass is missing (I think)

Post by Hazel »

I haven't seen Mama Cass for 3 days, she hasn't been eating the food we put out. Do you think something has happened to her or she is trapped somewhere, or do feral cats just wander off for a few days to eat birds and more exciting food than we put down?

I'm not sure how I could find her if she is lost, she doesn't answer to her name.
Last edited by Hazel on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Mama Cass is missing (I think)

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh Hazel, what a worry. Can you do the usual things of posters and door knocking to ask to look in sheds. I know it's rather different but even if you hit the reassurance that someone had seen her? Does she go far from your garden ? Is there a starting point you could work from?
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Oh Hazel :( how awful! Has she done this before or is it the first time? If it's the first time I'd be inclined to treat her like any other missing cat - do posters, knock on doors etc
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

this time of year it often is a good few days that I don't see my Abbie (and she's not feral by any means). The weather is warmer, food is aplenty and she is happiest out and about fast asleep under a shrub and catching mice.

If you've got a photo, get some "Missing Cat" posters up and start putting them through letter boxes, and do the door knocking as suggested - to get the ball rolling.

Fingers crossed you see her soon
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Hazel I'm really sorry to hear this. You must be out of your mind with worry. Before we took Harvey in he used to disappear for days at a time but as a stray that was quite usual for him. But if this is the first time that Mama Cass has disappeared then as others have said I would knock on doors and get posters done. Use that lovely picture you posted on here a while ago. Really hope she turns up soon.
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hazel »

I've been out looking today and just shouting "hello" (because I always say that when I put her food out so I thought she might respond, she certainly wont respond to Mama Cass!) I can't see her anywhere.

I'm not sure what is normal for her, she has been in our garden about a year now after her kittens were rehomed and she was neutered. In that time she has occasionally missed both meals but not often and she's usually reappeared the next day. During the winter she has been mostly in our garden but in the nicer weather she's been disappearing off a lot more, mainly after tea. During the day she mostly sunbathes at the bottom of the garden.

I'm hoping she's just off on an adventure. It looks like it might rain, maybe that'll bring her back. Otherwise it's a leaflet drop tomorrow :(
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hazel »

SHE'S BACK :D :D :D

She looks fine. At least now I know that's what she does I won't be worrying next time....unless it rains and she still stops out!
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

Yay!!!! :D
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Yay!!!!!

Thank goodness for that. I'm so pleased. What a huge relief for you all. Maybe she sensed that rain was in the air. You can sleep easy tonight now. Funnily enough Harvey used to do the opposite. If it was nice weather I would see him everyday but if it rained he wouldn't show up at all until it had stopped so I think he had somewhere to shelter. Well done Mama Cass. She's reminding you what an independant girl she is :)
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hazel »

Hmmm, I could have done without the reminder!
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Shelly and Dora »

Super pleased. Welcome home Mama Cass.... Don't go worrying your mummy like that again!! x
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Yes I can appreciate that her little "expedition" has aged you ten years :)
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

I am so relieved for you!

She sounds so much like my Squeak who was a farm cat. Luckily she has accepted a domestic life, but things could all so easily have been different. We had 18 months of semi feral life with her sleeping in the garage, and I used to dread her not coming back.
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

I am glad Mama Cass came back .Maybe she was playing with kittens in the neighborhood???
Meuzette use to do that and be gone for days. She always brought back a kill for the others when she came back. That was in her younger days.
Anyway it must of been a wondering kind of day for Mama Cass
Jill
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh Hazel I'm so pleased! What a relief. She is a splendid looking girl. Fusses to her and her brothers. Hope you're sleeping well! X
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Phew, glad she made it home safe. As you say, if she does it again you'll be a little (OK, very slightly) less worried now! :)
Willowgill
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Willowgill »

Glad she's back. Mr B goes missing sometimes for a couple of days - I used to worry but realise he's a bit of a free loader and is probably in someone else's house enjoying their comforts :-) We have had two other strays over the last few years who have disappeared completely though which is worrying.