Medicine victory!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
exlibris
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Medicine victory!

Post by exlibris »

When you have 2 cats, both who need medication, both need different amounts, both who are greedy so-and-sos - do you do? I discovered the answer this morning! My chunky male cat Idris wolfs down his food then aims for my tiny elegant females food, who's a slow eater. So, I put their food in paper bowls! When he'd almost finished the weight of the bowl had gone down, so every energetic bite made the bowl move. So, he was chasing his food bowl around the kitchen, taking twice the time, whereas she ate elegantly and had no problems at all. He he he. :lol:
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Medicine victory!

Post by Ruth B »

Yesterday I put down the finished tub of Philadelphia Cheese for mine to lick out, it was hilarious watching them chase it around the kitchen. One wasn't bothered enough to fight for it, but the other two were energetically licking it and like with the paper plates each lick pushed the tub away from them, at which point the other would get their nose and tongue in and take over, at one time they somehow managed to get both their heads into the tub at the same time. Needless to say I barely needed to wash it before putting it to recycle after they had finished.

On a serious note, if your two are on medication for a long period and will take it in food then investing in a couple of microchip feeds might be worthwhile.
exlibris
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by exlibris »

Ruth B wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:22 am On a serious note, if your two are on medication for a long period and will take it in food then investing in a couple of microchip feeds might be worthwhile.
Good idea - hopefully it won't be needed atm as it's for 3 days after neutering surgery, but they've got the check up on Friday, so I might end up with more medicine.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I'd be surprised if you get more, I've never known a get give 3 days after neuter, and with 150+ cats neutered, can only think of 2 that have had side effects that required anything
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by alanc »

Savor your victory while you can, I'm sure Idris is plotting his revenge!