the perfect litter tray

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
gillmunton
New Cat Chatter

the perfect litter tray

Post by gillmunton »

I have been scouring the internet for a litter tray that has all these features:

Triangular to fit in a corner
Covered with a hood
Carbon filter
Sifter tray under the slatted platform for collecting waste
Removable door or door that will stay in the up position

I'd be grateful for any recommendations, cost not an issue and I'm happy to import.

Thank you!

Gill and Vangelis the Russian Blue
exlibris
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: the perfect litter tray

Post by exlibris »

I'm not quite sure if this exists....I would also question if your cat would be happy with such a restrictive shape. Have you considered doing a bit of DIY? I don't mean create a masterpiece, just make a wooden box out of some thin wood with one side missing, make the box spacious, not just cat litter tray and lid size. Then put the tray inside, ideally without a lid. Want to hide the stinky tray? Paint the box, or cover it in something (NB - only cover the front when guests come, or your cat will be doing his/her business in the dark). I find it's the poop that is the stink, so just remove this daily, you won't need any special filter.
I find that if something doesn't exist, you make it exist.
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by papa cat »

I don't think you are going to find one that meets all your requirements.
This one fits most of your needs
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corner-Cat-Lit ... 3934&psc=1
It doesn't say if the door is removable but IME they snap into place when you assemble it and can be removed again
Or this one but it's not a corner box
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Litter- ... 82&sr=1-16

Personally I would choose the second one because it sifts the litter. I have one similar.
Catotum
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Catotum »

You might well have solved this by now but there are quite lot of different designs of corner box (that's what they tend to be called) available now. I agree that most doors are readily removed. If you find something that looks right, you could ask the maker about that. Carbon filters are commonplace but I'm not sure about the sifter part. I've never liked sifters as it results in yet something else to keep clean, & they can be difficult.
I prefer a modern lightweight clumping litter that is flushable (usually made from corn).