Daz's Diet!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Daz's Diet!

Post by Crewella »

Since he discovered the great outdoors here in the new house, Daz seems to have switched to mainly self-catering. Most days I see him heading up the garden with a little furry snackette, which he eats by the back door. At least he still eats his dinner, so I know he's getting his meds for his bladder, but it's making it very hard to keep control of his weight!

I was, however, pleased to see that today's mouse came with a nice healthy side salad! :P

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d154/ ... 020549.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Daz's Diet!

Post by greenkitty »

Shouldn't laugh but.....!!!

Has Peaches taken to the great outdoors too?
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

That boy is just stunning. His tail is awesome! Great photo, Helen. Do I remember correctly that he had lived rough for a while before coming to you? He must enjoy being able to hunt just because he can, rather than because he has to. Glad for you that he's still eating at home too so you don't have to worry about his meds.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by KittyWitty »

Well he still has to get his greens! :lol: :lol:
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Yes, Daz was a stray tom cat for about 2-3 years before he was trapped and neutered. He spends hours out there now, and at least the hunting is burning off some of those extra calories!

Peaches goes out hunting too, sometimes with Daz but not as often. I have seen her come home with a mouse - usually dangled daintily by the tail. All six are roaming all around the garden now, and Merrick too has been seen coming back with the occasional victim. Even Grumpy Nellie came trotting home with a mouse help proudly in her jaws last week - though her lack of teeth meant she eventually abandoned it. (Daz ate it!). Personally, I'm not all that keen on this level of small furry destruction, but the amount of old mouse poo that I keep finding in dark corners of this house is definitely taking the sting out of it for me!
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Ah, you got to love them! Dear Grumpy Nellie! It's amazing to think of Daz as a stray, such a good looking boy. He must think he's in heaven on earth now.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

I can only imagine that Daz was taken on as a very cute kitten (which he must have been!) and then kicked out when he got big and smelly. By the time he was trapped, he was stinky and yellow (hence the name Daz), had a broken tail, and was frightened of men and feet (probably due to his unpopular bin-raiding escapades). It's lovely to see him so happy here.

Daz and I bonded from day 1 - I love all my cats, and I believe them all to be beautiful, but I have to admit that Daz is special.

...... and Peaches thinks so too! ;)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

There you go - Peaches and Daz heading out on an expedition:

http://s35.photobucket.com/user/crewell ... 1.mp4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

Hehe she was trying to sneak up on him :)
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Have had a lot of fun watching this. Peaches is so funny the way she sneaks up on Daz. Hope they both have had a nice day out enjoying their adventure.

Great to hear that all yours are enjoying the garden. Can't believe that Grumpy Nellie has been hunting!! Couldn't help but smile when you said she had to abandon it due to her lack of teeth. Little love. Might have to keep my eye on Fluffy then. Wonderful house and garden by the way. No wonder they're all so happy. The move has obviously been a success for all of you :)
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

he really is a stunning and big boy isn't he... and I don't just mean chunky big - he looks like he's one of life's bigger cats.

fusses to them all x
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Great to see them enjoying their new home :) - I hate the idea, but I guess it is natural and hopefully quick! :)

Lovely house btw :)
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Lovely clip of them Helen. How nice that Peaches and Daz are an item too. What a wonderful house and garden! Ideal cat home!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Thanks everyone. This place is cold, damp, falling apart and a total money-pit ......... but we still can't get over how lucky we are to live here - just watching the cats enjoying the garden so much leaves me with a big stoopid grin on my face. :)

I'm not thrilled by the hunting either, Mark, but I'm thankful that everything seems to get despatched and eaten, quickly. So far, at least, I've not had any of them bring in anything alive, or seen them 'playing' with anything.

I'm also hugely grateful that none of them seem remotely interested in the birds in the garden. I really hope it stays that way.