Fireworks night

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Fireworks night

Post by alanc »

Tilly is very annoyed with me as I have shut her in already. Not risking there being any chance she is out when fireworks start going off, but she does not appreciate that and won't until the bangs start.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Fireworks night

Post by Mollycat »

Even though I had to leave him with my ex 10 years ago I am missing my old Henry so much - not just because he died this time two years ago on this weekend but because we could not keep him in. He LOVED fireworks and would raise hell until the door was opened and he could sit on the garden path watching them go up in next door's garden, barely 10 feet from him.

I have never had a cat scared of fireworks, 6 in my adult life only one of which I had from a kitten. Molly and Bobby sometimes watch them and thunderstorms out of the window. The dog is another matter, I made sure he had his walk before nightfall, he is so scared of them he hides in the bathroom where the really scary b-a-t-h lives. Bobby helped him keep calm last year but now Bobby's gone the dog is back to the same fearful state. I swear Molly laughs at him!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Fireworks night

Post by alanc »

Tilly spent the evening upstairs, sleeping above the radiator pipes. She wasn't too perturbed by the fusillade of bangs from out the back, but showed no inclination to go out after they started! Better than my old girl Sally, who spent most Fireworks nights in the bottom of the wardrobe. Misty used to spend it inside his igloo. Honey and Badger were not too fazed by it as long as they were inside.