Thief!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
exlibris
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Thief!

Post by exlibris »

Grrr!!!!
I go into Greggs to get lunch and for ONCE my partners favourite sandwich is in - huzzah!
Get home, turn my back for a moment, and Winston The Unstopable Stomach has licked it.
Bah!
Oooo, I'm so annoyed!

(My sandwich was fine ;) )
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Thief!

Post by lilynmitz »

I'm wondering if you scraped off the licked area and served it up anyway! :lol:
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

lilynmitz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:32 pm I'm wondering if you scraped off the licked area and served it up anyway! :lol:
My mother had to cut the middle out of a tuna quiche once :oops:
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

When I was a child the first cat we had was a ginger tom (neutered), he had been an only kitten and was always a bit of a character. One time my Mother left 6 fish cakes on the side to defrost, she came to cook tea to find that a bite had been taken from each one as he tried them them to see if he liked them. Several years later, my Grandmother, who lived with us, had a couple of fish cakes ready for a meal, and left them out on the side to defrost. Rusty tried both, but he still didn't like them.

Saturn is my thief at the moment, the kitchen sink is at right angles to the work surface, i have got used to washing my hands while looking over my shoulder, as he isn't adverse to trying his luck with whatever I am cooking.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by fjm »

My parents' house had a big walk in pantry, cold enough in winter to store meat safely. One Christmas the turkey was in there defrosting, together with ham, pork and other necessities of a large traditional family celebration. My father put a big sign up warning to keep the door shut and the cat out, and there were constant cries of "Have you shut the pantry door?" right up to the moment we all went to bed on Christmas Eve. "Yes!" came the reply - and the door was safely shut, unfortunately with the cat inside...

That year we had a one-legged turkey, and a cat that slept till Boxing Day!