Why is my siamese getting lighter?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
cashew-poppy-echo
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Why is my siamese getting lighter?

Post by cashew-poppy-echo »

I am well aware that both as they age and as the weather gets colder siamese cats' points get darker. However it seems like my 7-month-old mix, Cashew, is doing the opposite of that. It seemed like was getting darker at first, but then is getting lighter again. In the image i've provided, first image he's 2 months old, and his points are dark brown, and you can't see it but his paw pads were black. The second image is from about late October, and his points are higher contrast and darker, especially on his legs and paws. The third image is from a few days ago. The area around his eyes is now much lighter and his paws are more of a light brown, less contrast than his lighter fur, and his paw pads are brown instead of black. Any idea why he'd get lighter instead of darker?
Attachments
shu1.jpg
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Why is my siamese getting lighter?

Post by Mollycat »

Do you have the heating on at home? I bet he's found himself a really cosy warm spot, whereas in the summer you had a nice cool breeze. That's assuming he doesn't go out but if he does then same answer but even more so. You know how the temperature sensitive thing works with colour points? My pointed Ragdoll got a dark saddle on his back when he came indoors from his stud pen, that was because getting older he got darker but his belly stayed pale because he was curled up and his back was more exposed to cooler air.