cat treats

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

cat treats

Post by Kay »

I can't persuade my Penny to eat any wet food - she even leaves all the bits in cat soup - but she will eat squishy cat treats, so at least they offer a different texture

can anyone recommend any soft treats, apart from Felix and Whiskas ones?
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: cat treats

Post by lilynmitz »

Webbox always go down well with my lot. I used to use them for hiding pills as well. They just thought they were getting treats twice a day! :lol:
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Badger adored Lik-e-lix, but Tilly hates it!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Sheba do creamy treats, but they are expensive, I think it was cheaper to buy human grade tinned salmon when I looked at them.

A friends cat loves the cat soups but only if you mash the bits up well with the liquid.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

Ruth B wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:34 pm Sheba do creamy treats, but they are expensive, I think it was cheaper to buy human grade tinned salmon when I looked at them.

A friends cat loves the cat soups but only if you mash the bits up well with the liquid.
I've tried mashing, even pureeing in a blender, but then she won't go near it - and I tried mashing up a tin of salmon with water and freezing it in ice cubes - totally ignored

this is a cat who after nearly 8 months hasn't even ventured beyond the bedroom and half the living room

the stick type treats she likes, but I find they dry out rather quickly - I haven't tried the creamy malt paste ones so will give the Lik-e-Lix a go but am not hopeful

there used to be what was called semi-moist foods which looked like biscuits but were softish - does anyone know if they are still around? I can't see any on Zooplus
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

There are some called Yum yums, think they are from the makers of lik-e-lix. Haven't seen proper semi moist food for years
Tynaroo
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Tynaroo »

I can assume that it worth to try Royal Canin or Purina. Sheba is good too...
I haven't seen any wet food of Trainer brand in stores (though I saw it on the internet) but I'd totally try it if my cat was picky.
At least their dry food is best dry food we've ever tried.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Hi Life do some very nice treats too, my lot love them
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Is she eating dry without problems Kay or is she just not eating much at all?

I'm a big fan of Webbox, mine have the sticks (bedtime Webstix!) and more recently the Yum-e-yums.

Will Madam eat real meat. raw or cooked?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

she eats Zooplus' WIld at Heart Mollycat - all five varieties - it's a grain-free quality food - I've tried her with cooked chicken, raw minced steak, and most of the complimentary fish and chicken food like Applaws - all ignored

she's 11 so needs to keep her water intake up - she drinks quite well, and that is why I give her the soups with a bit of water added

interestingly, to me anyway, she only pees once in 24 hours, and poos about every 30 hours - very solid dry poo - it all makes for one easy cat to look after, with her not going outside at all too, so I suppose I ought to stop fretting about her

I remember having some Yum-e-Yums early on and she did like them, but neither Zooplus nor Tesco sells them, so I will have to hunt them down
MariaK88
New Cat Chatter

Post by MariaK88 »

Kay wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:45 pm
Ruth B wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:34 pm Sheba do creamy treats, but they are expensive, I think it was cheaper to buy human grade tinned salmon when I looked at them.

I've tried mashing, even pureeing in a blender, but then she won't go near it - and I tried mashing up a tin of salmon with water and freezing it in ice cubes - totally ignored

this is a cat who after nearly 8 months hasn't even ventured beyond the bedroom and half the living room

the stick type treats she likes, but I find they dry out rather quickly - I haven't tried the creamy malt paste ones so will give the Lik-e-Lix a go but am not hopeful

there used to be what was called semi-moist foods which looked like biscuits but were softish - does anyone know if they are still around? I can't see any on Zooplus
Of all the things I love buying for my cats, treats are probably my favorites (other than toys!!). I tend to work myself through top 10 lists like https://petcatfriends.com/best-cat-treats-snacks/ and and try everything at least once. I have 4 cats and each of them has different tastes, anyway. Each of them has their own favorite treats :lol:

But recently I've been playing more and more with treats that also have a dental health component to them. That is, they "brush" my kitty's teeth while she enjoys her treats. Nothing quite like having 2 functions in one ^-^

Maria <3