Under siege

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Under siege

Post by alanc »

I'm on feeding duty for the cats next door. No chance of my forgetting as my house has been under siege by the pair of them since 2.00pm, Toto at the back and Tay at the front. Feeding time is 5:15pm if I can hold out that long.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Under siege

Post by Kay »

much better than having to worry about one, or both, going missing

how do they know you are feeder-in-chief though?
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

They know that if Mum is absent then I will provide food. Even when mum is going to be back by feeding time, they still recon I should be put on notice!
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Love it! Hope you have enough rations to last out. This time of year the childish amongst us hope to be snowed in, you are catted in!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ohh dear, sounds like a fridge magnet of mine that says: 'There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast'.

I hope they don't have a catflap or in the morning they'll be chucking bricks at your bedroom window! :o
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

They sound like my two - they always seem to know which neighbour has the key, and which window sills will get the quickest response. Although the kind chap who fed them over Christmas was so lavish I doubt the bowls were ever empty!
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

Glad I'm not the only one who is trained by the neighbours cats as well as their own! My neighbours cats know I can hear them better than her, so cry on my doorstep to be let in their house!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

They have a cat flap Lilith and yes, they were round this morning demanding breakfast!
I think Tay and Toto would like your neighbor fjm, though I doubt if a cat bowl big enough to stop them emptying it in 5min has ever been made!
Booktigger, Tay has me well trained to carry him to his own front door so he doesn't have to bother with walking round the block to his cat flap!
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

I am jealous - I only wish I had neighbours who would look out for other people's cats as well as their own

I have arranged for someone to remove my own cat should I die or be taken into hospital unexpectedly, but there is no one who would look out for the two strays who live in kennels in my garden, and who I have been feeding for years
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Hi Kay. Having a cat mad neighbour is very useful. We have arranged that if either of us dies, the cats go to the survivor. Seems much the best arrangement as they will be with someone they know and with cats they know.
Today Tay and Toto rather chanced their paws when I cam home today, though. They were round demanding dinner before I had a chance to feed Tilly. They need to remember where my priorities lie!