Cat litter scoop

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat litter scoop

Post by fjm »

I use an old garden trowel - no problems so far!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Litter scoops are very variable, i've had quite expensive ones that break within days of using them, and cheap ones that have lasted for years. My attitude now is to buy cheap and always have a spare in ready for when it breaks. The one I'm using at the moment cost less than £1, 5 years ago, and is still going strong.

As an alternative I have heard of people using metal kitchen sieves (not the one they use in their kitchen though) as long as the litter is fine grained enough to go through the holes.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

I used a spaghetti strainer for a while but the hole in the middle was a bit too big and some would fall through. A slotted spoon is pretty good. I'd imagine a colander rather than a sieve, certainly for ours anyway, but that's a great idea.

Why don't they make litter scoops metal anyway?
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

The original post that started this thread has been removed as spam, if anyone is wondering why it seems to begin rather abruptly!
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

fjm wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:05 pm The original post that started this thread has been removed as spam, if anyone is wondering why it seems to begin rather abruptly!
Thought it was odd for you to start a thread like that! Why don't all the replies go with it? Strange. Still - good topic for sharing tips.