Cat flap in wall or door?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Jodie
Frequent Cat Chatter

Cat flap in wall or door?

Post by Jodie »

Have just moved and bought a cat flap which is suitable for double glazing or a wall. Had a chap out to quote who reckons it will look tidier in the French doors, but we won't be able to put curtains up which we're likely to do. Also step will need increasing in height, but can't be increased that much as the bottom of the door protrudes. If it goes in the wall, chap reckons the plasterwork may get damaged on the inside. A step will need building for this but I think it will be a hit higher and easier to access for cats. We need to make up our minds now!
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Cat flap in wall or door?

Post by meriad »

Personally I'd always go with a glass pane, if for no other reason that if you should ever want to sell the house it's easy to replace a pane vs trying to fix a hole in the wall if a potential buyer doesn't want a cat flap ;)
Jodie
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Cat flap in wall or door?

Post by Jodie »

Thank you. The chap whose doing it comes highly recommended and I've spoken to him this morning explaining we need to have it done but feels there are pros and cons to each. He did say before he would probably pop to take final measurements when we'd decided and readily said he'd pop in to to through it with me and I said I'll then make a decision while he's here. He's given me a timescale for both. Both will either need a step built or height of present step increasing so that is something to factor in.