Where is everybody?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Where is everybody?

Post by Mollycat »

With self-isolation encouraged for the over 70s and shops all but deserted other than those still putting toilet rolls on the shelves, I would have thought we would have been busy on forums. But it's so quiet! Where is everyone?
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Where is everybody?

Post by Ruth B »

Been out to a craft fair today, normally Spring and Autumn are my busy periods for fairs but i have a feeling this might be the last one for a few months.

I'll certainly be around on the forum as much as ever in the near future, you can't get rid of me that easily.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Mollycat wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:02 pm With self-isolation encouraged for the over 70s and shops all but deserted other than those still putting toilet rolls on the shelves, I would have thought we would have been busy on forums. But it's so quiet! Where is everyone?
Wish shops were deserted, we nipped out earlier, Aldi had been decimated from when I went after work on fri, the first shop was busy, the cashier said it was worse an hour previously! Coop (aldi were out of milk!) had more people than normal for a Sun pm. The manager at aldi said they are bringing in 70 hour weeks to try and keep up with demand! :shock:

I have noticed a marked reduction in both the cat and book forums I use, way before this crisis
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

Ah sorry I should have been more specific, the supermarkets are crowded, it's places like shopping malls and retail parks that seem deserted.

Think I agree BT it seems quieter here on weekends lately.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

We started off at a retail park, still plenty of people about.