Does Anyone Live In Or Near Tottenham?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Harv Setterfield
Returning Cat Chatter

Does Anyone Live In Or Near Tottenham?

Post by Harv Setterfield »

Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I've posted here! :mrgreen:

I'm currently in self isolation because I'm an insulin dependent diabetic and I'm going to run out of cat food on Tuesday! :(

I've bought a months worth from Ebay but I'm not sure when I'm going to be getting it delivered. :o

I have 3 boxes of Aldis fish flavoured pouches (with 2 pouches missing) and 3 boxes of Aldis mixed flavour (with 5 pouches missing).

Georgie, my puss, can't eat Aldi's cat food. She was fine for 5 or 6 weeks but now she can't keep it down, so I've switched back to Felix.

Can somebody do a swap with me please? Georgie will eat Felix with jelly, any flavour, but prefers fish.

Probably best if you can drive because I'm currently too ill to work so I can't afford to front up cash for a taxi for you, but then given the current state of affairs you're probably better off not getting one anyway lol :lol:

Many thanks in advance for any help! :mrgreen:
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Does Anyone Live In Or Near Tottenham?

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear you’re concerned about running out of cat food while you’re self-isolating. I’m sure you’ve already considered this but is there anyone you know and trust, such as friends, relatives or neighbours, who might be able to help you? Alternatively, are there any community support groups or support services in your area that you can call upon for assistance? If you’re on social media, you might wish to consider asking for help on one or more of these platforms.

You could also try calling your local supermarkets or corner shops to explain the situation and see whether they would be willing to come out and deliver cat food to your door. Alternatively, you might wish to consider contacting your nearest cat rescue organisations for help and support. You can find a list of rescue and rehoming organisations here: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-r ... uk-ireland

I hope you can source the cat food you need soon.
Harv Setterfield
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Does Anyone Live In Or Near Tottenham?

Post by Harv Setterfield »

Thanks, I managed to get some in the end by going to my corner shop with a scarf covering my nose and mouth that I covered with hand sanitiser foam.

So I've now got enough to cover my puss until a delivery arrives on Wednesday or Thursday (assuming that the seller on Ebay doesn't rip me off of course!).

All of my friends that live locally are also in self Isolation but hopefully the letter on it's way from the NHS will give us all the support we all need, apparently the Councils and armed services are getting together with supermarkets to help us all out so I should be okay for supplies for the next 12 weeks. :mrgreen:

If anyone needs any Aldi cat food then post here if you want to pick it up. No need for a swap if you can't afford or can't get Felix, us cat owners have to stick together! 8-)