Help with Vet Bills

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
YinAndYang
New Cat Chatter

Help with Vet Bills

Post by YinAndYang »

Hi everyone. We're Yin & Yang the cats in perfect balance! But we recently ingested some nasty disinfectant which caused chemical burns on our tongues. The vet bill came to over £600 and daddy can't pay it all as he's self-employed and lost every job he had lined up. Do any of you know of any charities that provide a tiny bit of financial assistance to contribute to cat hospital bills please? Thanks.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Help with Vet Bills

Post by Mollycat »

You have my sympathy, not much help I know, but my trio clocked up over £7,500 in 2 years in the middle of which I lost my job, so we are still £7,500 in debt and struggling to keep up with barely the interest. Sadly so many people now in this same boat unfortunately short of taking cats to the PDSA with proof of qualifying benefits I don't think any of us are likely to get any help, and charities are going to suffer a lot longer than people or businesses. Sorry I can't be more optimistic than that!