Cowards

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
exlibris
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Cowards

Post by exlibris »

I've been slowly introducing our two to the back garden. Today Whisper didn't even finish her cat food, she was at the French windows peering out. Why? There was a fledgling bird being very unsure of itself trying to get from floor to branch, managing, but slow. I couldn't let them out before it had gone.
Soon all three of us we standing by the doors staring at this bird - me willing it to go, them desperate for me to open the door.
So I knock on the window.
Bird doesn't flinch.
Cats run madly way like they're in a Tom & Jerry cartoon.
I have never know such a massive pair of cowards.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cowards

Post by Mollycat »

Brilliant! Reminds me of the video of the 3 cats staring at something in the garden and the dog comes up behind them and barks!

We have a magpie nest right outside the bedroom window, I dread to think what Molly will be like once they hatch.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

When I was a child we lived in a large house with a very large garden (about an acre), I'm not sure quite how many cats we had at the time, at least 2, possibly 4, but one of them was a large black cat, the type that adopted us when he was about 2 years old and already had ears like tatty bus tickets and a scars across his nose, not long after he had joined us, been nursed back to health and been neutered, he got into a fight with another cat and lost his upper canines.

Our neighbour had a large garden as well and wasn't particularly good at keeping his fence in order. He also had a large white rabbit that he sometimes let out in a run. we were out doing some work in the garden, I was somewhere in my teenage years at the time, when we realised that Sam, our black cat, was slinking through the long grass, slowly, one paw at a time, stalking the neighbour's rabbit. We were thinking that we were really going to have to go and get him back, when the rabbit turned and looked at him, nothing more, just a hop around and a look, a black cat on a sunny day in long grass wasnt' well camouflaged. Sam turned and ran for the house as fast as he could go paws barely touching the ground.

Sometimes you think you know your pets, but then they spring a surprise on you.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

Lucy baffles me, she will jump at me sneezing, refuses to go out on a Fri morning as its bin day, yet fireworks don't faze her!