Molly's new tree

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Molly's new tree

Post by Mollycat »

Molly and I have just celebrated 7 years together and as my credit card is slowly recovering from the £4,000 bill she ran up for me last year, and as her old cat tree had stains and string hanging off all over the place, we have got her a brand new one from Cat Tree UK. Their prices reflect the quality - this one is simple but large (meant for Maine Coons!) with platforms and without all the little extras she has no interest in anyway.
Annotation 2020-05-26 120400.jpg
The lady in the picture is not me, I'm 5'10 and the top comes up to my shoulder!

Madam has sniffed it all over and stalked off into the bedroom to lie in front of her litter tray.
She's 13 years old and I suppose that entitles her to be cranky?
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Molly's new tree

Post by alanc »

Isn't that always the problem with them - don't like the old thing being replaced however tatty it is!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Wow, that is a serious cat tree, my cats have to suffer using our furniture as there isn't room for any specific cat furniture.

I'm guessing you didn't keep the box it came in and that is why she is really sulking.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Spot on there I think yes it is a pretty solid chunky thing I am not light but I would feel safe sitting on it!

I did chuck the box but she likes small boxes, she has slimmed down from her Moonpig box to a Jaffa Cake multipack box I'm so proud of her!

Ruth, Ikea do some mixed cat-human furniture with hidey holes in the back of sofas and scratch post table legs. Worth a laugh anyway.
Kelly77
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Kelly77 »

Wow, what a three! My kitten is too small for such three, and for now, she has a small one. But comparing to my previous cat, she is not really into it. Maybe, she is too small to play there.