Anyone got a microchip connect cat feeder?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Re: Anyone got a microchip connect cat feeder?

Post by papa cat »

Very expensive, but very good if you want to monitor or medicate what your cat is eating or prevent one cat in a household eating up all the leftover food
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

As I posted before - a godsend for a multi pet home where they eat different foods or one scoffs it all or one needs to lose weight, but also keeps wet food much fresher all day long even in warm summers. Easy to teach and adjustable and they even sell an additional shield now to block out sneaky others. Just make sure they are marked with the cat's name, otherwise you risk muddling them up when the coloured bowls and mats are off them.
susand
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by susand »

I bought 2 when I had 2 cats and they were on different food and also one was eating the others food as well as his own. I agree, they are brilliant! In fact, even though I now have only one cat, I still use one because, as Mollycat says, they keep food fresh so I no longer have a problem with wet food drying out and I don’t get flies buzzing round it, or neighbours cat trying to get in and eat it when the doors are open in the summer

If you only have 2 cats, labelling isn’t imperative because if you put a feeder down after filling/cleaning and it doesn’t open for cat 1, you know it is cat 2s feeder, so you can just swap them over. I agree labelling is probably a good idea if you have more than 2 cats!