Cat trackers

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Wrigs
New Cat Chatter

Cat trackers

Post by Wrigs »

Apologies think I posted this in the wrong spot previously

Hi all

So just been through the nightmare of having your cat go missing. Disappeared for 3 days but thankfully found by a neighbour behind their shed.

Looking at investing in a cat tracker but seems like lots of different websites all recommending different products. The two that seem to crop up are the Tractive and the Whistle.

Has anyone here had any good experiences/recommendations? Don’t want it to be too bulky ideally.
TinaHH
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Cat trackers

Post by TinaHH »

I also think about buying such a tracker, but I don't know any person who has it, and I'm not sure that it's worth it. And it would be great to hear about someone's experience
Pukon
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Cat trackers

Post by Pukon »

I recently bought a cat tracking collar and it was a disaster, so I want to warn others about the experience I had.
I went with a UK company called Pawtrack. They claim the "best" and smallest GPS tracker. My cat is quite small, so I wanted to avoid a big chunky collar.
It took a month for the collar to arrive. Then it would not connect with the app. After many emails back and forth, it finally connected but was wildly inaccurate and usually failed to track completely. After more emails I was told that it's working fine!
I have spent over £100 on the collar and subscription and now, after returning the collar for a refund...silence. They won't reply to the three email addresses I have for them and the phone number listed is out of service.
Please, please don't take a chance on these guys. Terrible product and customer service. I am over £100 out of pocket and it's now clear they have no intention of returning my money.

We now have a Tractive one and it works fine.