recipe for cat gravy?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
juless77
New Cat Chatter

recipe for cat gravy?

Post by juless77 »

My cats will only lick the gravy off their wet food and not eat the meat im just wondering if any one has a recipe to make just cat gravy for him to lick along side his biscuits ?
LindaKat
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: recipe for cat gravy?

Post by LindaKat »

Mine does the same. Expensive renal food. I've discovered that if I blend it, he will lap it up. Bit of a faff but fingers crossed it generally works. Worth trying.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

Perhaps we should start a cat owners matching service - I have been feeding a stray for years on Whiskas meat or fish in jelly, and he eats all the meat but leaves all the jelly

but when I tried him with Whiskas in gravy, he lapped up all the gravy and left the meat

go figure!!
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

juless77 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:40 pm My cats will only lick the gravy off their wet food and not eat the meat im just wondering if any one has a recipe to make just cat gravy for him to lick along side his biscuits ?
I'm not sure it would be such a great idea as it's very unlikely to provide a complete balanced diet. Have you tried blending it? Or giving a pate type food instead?