No one comes to my area to rescue

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Jaime
New Cat Chatter

No one comes to my area to rescue

Post by Jaime »

Hello all.. I have 2 stray boys.. I'd love to have both with me in my home but I have 2 females (torties ;) ) I'm in a first floor flat also or I think my catty would be in now. I love my boys..it's getting cold out there now .there is a lunatic cat killer about (whom has struck in my local area several times.) I have been feeding one very timid boy 'Catty' for 10 months..he is in desperate need of rescue as is looking worn out..I think has slight teeth issues..and just needs a home :cry: ..I love him very much :( but I just want him to get help. I've had no luck with rescues as 'I am too far' from any of them.. this boy needs rescue..
I am looking to set up a rescue team in my local area..which is Edgware..burnt oak . Colindale.. there are so many cats abandoned, stray..hungry, not looked after properly.. and it breaks my heart. I need volunteers. .a trapper who drIves ..fosterers. . .a local vet who can help if poss ( I'm a single mum on very little money) so any catfood donation ideas would be gratefully recieved as I feed quite a few. Please 💖💓
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Re: No one comes to my area to rescue

Post by papa cat »

I admire your altruism, but to set up a cat rescue operation when there is one that covers your area ( https://www.cats.org.uk/hendon ) might be very difficult and would 'dilute the pool' of experienced volunteers.
I realise that CP are working in difficult and restricted times and their services and facilities are severely limited but nevertheless they (and maybe the RSPCA) are the best people to undertake what you have in mind.