Spayed cat in heat

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
thegame2k0
New Cat Chatter

Spayed cat in heat

Post by thegame2k0 »

Hi i had my beautiful 18 month calico cat spayed back in August 2020 at a vet recommended by cats protection however she has gone into heat twice since once at end of September 2020 and again started on Monday 9th November 2020, i doubt i'd be able to afford the surgery for Ovarian Remnant Syndrome if that's the case as it'll cost over £500 in total including blood tests.
Some people i spoke to did say their cats had one or two heat cycles after spaying the the cycles stopped, i'm getting complaints of neighbours about the yowling these walls are quite thin.
So really need advice please first is it true what i've been told about the one or two cycles after spaying?
Second if surgery is needed can i get help or pay in instalments?
Also should the vet cover costs as is it their error?

Cats protection did give me a voucher to get her spayed so another option is contacting them but i really don't want to bug them as they have enough to deal with in these times.
Many thanks in advance for any tips/help etc.
jdcge2967
New Cat Chatter

Re: Spayed cat in heat

Post by jdcge2967 »

how long dis it take before she was active my girl was 8 got her spayed 4 days ago and she still wants to be alone
zakiul94
New Cat Chatter

Re: Spayed cat in heat

Post by zakiul94 »

wonderful post