How did your cats cope with the storms?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Minnies_Mum
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

How did your cats cope with the storms?

Post by Minnies_Mum »

How did everybody's cats get on with the thunderstorms last week?

Minnie was like an ice-cube that had been dipped in liquid nitrogen..... not a stuff was given, at any point. In fact she spent most of the time curled up on the kitchen floor, waiting for meeces.

Now my Mum's Yorkie did his raving nut. He basically wants to have a punch-up with whatever is making that noise. Yeah, I know, he's a dog.....
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: How did your cats cope with the storms?

Post by Grace56 »

My nieces two were absolutely fine. Good job as I was filming the action on front door step and getting very hyper. I LOVE storms. :D
I don't think I've ever known any of my families many moggies be scared of thunder. But my late, beloved Oscar was terrified of fireworks.
Now...some dogs I've known have been quivering wrecks.
Good Old Bakes
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Good Old Bakes »

One of the best (I love storms) I've seen for a long time.

One carried on sleeping on the cat bed, our blind boy Budster just wandered around the kitchen waiting to be fed and then sat down with the dog as I was watching the lightning from the back door, one quietly slipped behind the sofa and stayed there for an hour or so and one was out in it, probably sheltering in his bush den. He came in later no worse for wear apart from being soaked through.
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by mr_frisky »

Mine were fine, although Coco insisted on going out earlier and couldn't get back in, so she was rather wet!

I got some good footage from my bedroom window on my phone, including fork lightning.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Bovvered? Nope - none of mine! :D
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

My Barney clung to me with both paws wrapped around my wrist !but to be honest think he was being a bit of a baby as he soon fell asleep through the claps of thunder ! He is a drama queen at times ! X
claire_lee
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by claire_lee »

Wolfie decided the safest place for him to be was on my pillow wrapped round my head. Not the most comfortable night for me given the temperature but didn't want to disturb him.....