Where do you buy cat themed clothes from?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Dquinn
New Cat Chatter

Where do you buy cat themed clothes from?

Post by Dquinn »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums but I am absolutely in love with everything on the website! I just wanted to start a thread to see where everyone gets their cat themed t shirts, coffee mugs etc. I see a lot out there and wanted some recommendations! :lol:

Cheers,
Quinn
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Where do you buy cat themed clothes from?

Post by Mollycat »

If you have a smart phone just say it out loud and you'll see adverts magically start popping up on every website and social media site you visit and in your email. If you have a more old fashioned web access, just google it for the same effect with a little more effort.

It's a lovely idea, I can never remember where I have got things from but I just bought a lovely fleecy sweat shirt with 9 cartoon cats and the words Every Life Should Have Nine Cats. I wouldn't have bought it, only I added it up and I am currently on my ninth cat, so it seemed right!

My cat has also chosen a beautiful picture for me recently. She walks across the keyboard as cats do and if I'm quick enough I put the cursor o Facebook so she can type a status for me, very funny move on. This time I wasn't quick enough and she typed 4 characters into the search box - /OKU - so I hit send and discovered a lovely Scottish artist and her interesting multi media pictures, jewellery and more. I scrolled through the pictures and one said on it, Seek And You Will Find and Trust Your Soul ... well, I chose to Trust My Cat and bought one (not this one) but here is the link to the picture Molly found first on her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/okudesigner/ph ... 022905939/
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I buy most of my cat themed presents from The Cat Gallery
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Anywhere I see them. T-Shirts from Amazon and Asda, a Tea towel from a Nation Trust shop, and pretty much everywhere in between. The local cat charities often hold online auctions to raise money and of course a lot of their things are cat related.

I also created and sold a couple of T-Shirts recently to raise a bit of money for a cat rescue. I'd got hold of some T-shirt transfers and offered to do pictures of peoples cats to put onto a T-Shirt (I still have some T-Shirts and transfers left if anyone is interested).
Attachments
image4_opt.jpg
image4_opt.jpg (21.57 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
image0(4)_opt.jpg
image0(4)_opt.jpg (35.16 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Ruth B wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:21 am I also created and sold a couple of T-Shirts recently to raise a bit of money for a cat rescue. I'd got hold of some T-shirt transfers and offered to do pictures of peoples cats to put onto a T-Shirt (I still have some T-Shirts and transfers left if anyone is interested).
Amazing! Yes please!! Often wondered if this could be done and if anyone did it.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Mollycat, I've sent you an email with all the details regarding T=Shirts.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Ruth B wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:23 pm Mollycat, I've sent you an email with all the details regarding T=Shirts.
Thank you Ruth I have your email and we'll pick out a picture in the next few days.

I asked OH if he could wear a cat would he, and he said, We were wearing Boo for years ... yes all our clothes were always covered in Boo's Ragdoll hair, seems so fitting!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

I remember Blue's fur, always got everywhere. There was one time when a friend sent us an email from his work to let us know that he had found Blue fur on his work's keyboard. No matter how much I swept or hoovered the house, 10 seconds after I finished there would be little tumbleweeds of Blue fur drifting across the floor.

Take you time find the right photo, I'll get straight onto it when you do.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Ruth, I spent more than 3 hours yesterday going through all my pictures. Boo was a tough cat to photograph - his blue eyes were very sensitive to light so they were often half closed and when they were open the light was a bit dim, and when the light was dim his dark face didn't come up well, and the net result is I have literally hundreds of pictures of which about 30 he actually has his eyes properly open and some of those are such poor quality they are worthless.

Flash is banned in the house with animals, I never thought about it with outdoor cats as most pictures were taken in a garden, but my friend's whippet used to run and hide her face any time anyone got a phone out. She only knew those things as something that made a sudden blinding light that hurt her eyes. So especially with Boo's temperature-sensitive albino points and blue eyes, flash was banned, and I have very little to show for 6 years of taking pictures!

Anyway - email is coming, thank you :)
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

I've been lucky that i've never had a cat that has had a problem with flash, but if it scared one, I would probably stop using it when they were around (I have to use it sometime to take pictures of what i make to put on line). I've very few picture of Blue left, most of the ones I took were stored on a laptop whose hard drive failed and they couldn't be recovered, it made me realise that electronic photos are even more ephemeral than the old old ones you used to have to go to the chemist to have developed. i now make sure they are stored on multiple devices as well as various cloud locations. I do remember getting a good photo of him was difficult, particularly one that showed his wonderful blue eyes, I know I had several where he looked like he was possessed with glowing red eyes.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Backups ... I started my adult life with a computer programmer so backup was drilled into me early on.

Yes blue eyes reflect red whereas normal green eyes reflect yellow. It's a bit of a shock when you see it for the first time!

Added, best picture ever of Purdy cat, with Henry behind her. May the Force ...
563998_10151403301942975_186435210_n.jpg
Last edited by Mollycat on Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.