Counting down...

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Counting down...

Post by fjm »

My sister and I are in a support bubble, and I am about to travel down to her house for Christmas. My bag is packed, so is the dogs', the immediate food and medicine bag for the cats is ready to hang on neighbours' door (together with a bottle of wine and home made Christmas biscuits) and more cat food is stashed in the garage freezer so no one needs to come into the house. Presents are wrapped and ready to put in the car, last few cards ready to hand deliver on my way out, and all the packing and to-do lists have been checked and rechecked. I still have the uneasy feeling I have forgotten something vital - and I am knackered before I even leave the house!

Happy Christmas all!
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Counting down...

Post by Mollycat »

Counting down makes me think of picking up all the feathers after a massive pillow fight. Am I weird?

Have a wonderful time and you certainly haven't forgotten to let CatChat know your plans anyway. Toothbrush, knickers, presents? All good!

Best wishes to everyone!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Counting down...

Post by Ruth B »

My husband and I will be by ourselves this year, normally it would be up to Liverpool to visit my Sister, then Christmas spent with friends, one of which lives over Burton way and has a brother on the lung transplant list, and then Boxing day in Bristol with the In Laws. It was easier to decide to see no one than try and choose who to see.
Today I braved public transport for the first time since March to get to Asda to see if there was any joints on knockdown, as there weren't i came out with a 5kg turkey regardless. I May have been a bit enthusiastic, it looked a lot smaller in the shop and I couldn't read the weight. I think tomorrow may include a lesson in jointing a turkey. Whatever happens, I have a feeling that the cats won't be complaining.